The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

King's College London (KCL) ~ Postgraduate Applicants for 2019 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Hi, I applied on 10th December, still no response from them yet. Did you apply to any other uni for the same course?
Original post by MrCharlesDarwin
Yep! No reply yet. Submittal was complete on 2th of February for me.

Do you know if anyone already has been rejected/accepted?
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Applied on 28 February, and just last week the reference status changed to 'Reference format ok for assestment'. Any clue how long does it take for them to get back to me after this? Documents status still 'received' tho, so I really have no idea. :l
Reply 182
It took them a couple of hours to get back to me, but they usually take around a week. Although considering that the applications deadline is soon they shouldn't take too long, they said that they strive to get back to everyone before the deadline. Good luck!
Original post by bellamazaya
Applied on 28 February, and just last week the reference status changed to 'Reference format ok for assestment'. Any clue how long does it take for them to get back to me after this? Documents status still 'received' tho, so I really have no idea. :l
Thanks! I'm so nervous right now as King's is my first choice, hope I could make it to King's !

Original post by RSnia
It took them a couple of hours to get back to me, but they usually take around a week. Although considering that the applications deadline is soon they shouldn't take too long, they said that they strive to get back to everyone before the deadline. Good luck!
Hi everyone, I applied few days ago for msc finance at king’s college , however I have a first in a Bachelor of Arts in business management with finance . I didn’t do a bachelor of social science . Do u think I can get a place at king’s?Thanks
Reply 185
Hi everyone,Anyone who applied for data science? I applied on 8th January and I'm still waiting for a decision.
Do u mind if you tell me your background ? I just applied 2 days ago and I m worried . Cause I have a Bachelor of Arts in business management finance not a bachelor of science. However My overall is a first .
Original post by DrinkingAboutYou
I've got an offer for MSc Finance (Corporate Finance) today!
The application was submitted on December 9th.
Reply 187
Hi everyone! I applied Medical Engineering and Physics MSc and my last reference letter is submitted on 21st February. My academic transcript status changed to “Document is OK” on 15th March. My personal statement status changed to “Personal statement meets needs for assessment” and I got a conditional offer at the same time. Good luck everyone!
Original post by D2B
Hi everyone,Anyone who applied for data science? I applied on 8th January and I'm still waiting for a decision.

Hi. I applied for Data Science. I submitted my application on 23rd January and my application status has been "Received and being processed" till now.
Will they give a decision for everyone before 29 March? I am waiting since november. I started to get tired...
I applied 26 of December.
Transcript and other doucuments status “document is ok” , but personal statement status lstill recieved”. How about your status?
Original post by psychologicalco
Will they give a decision for everyone before 29 March? I am waiting since november. I started to get tired...
I just got a conditional offer for the MA in Modern Literature and Culture. I had applied February 25th but my references did not go through till about March 6th. Very happy but a bit nervous about the 26th of April deadline because I haven't even applied to my other choices as of yet, some of which I consider higher ranked in my preference list.
My statuses changed last week, how long does it take to get a response? Anyone from the geography department experienced this and knows when I should expect a decision to come in?
Reply 193
Original post by Famous4it
I just got a conditional offer for the MA in Modern Literature and Culture. I had applied February 25th but my references did not go through till about March 6th. Very happy but a bit nervous about the 26th of April deadline because I haven't even applied to my other choices as of yet, some of which I consider higher ranked in my preference list.

Congrats!! Would you mind sharing your profile? I applied as well, my gpa is slightly lower than the requirement (3.0) but I have lots of experience so I'm hoping that works in my favour. Applied just last week.
Hey guys out there

To those who are still waiting for their results, just a sneak peek to the past Percentages of successful Postgraduate selections at top UK colleges. Kindly click the university you wanna see 2. Go to the bottom of page 3. Select "see all postgrad courses success rate" 4. See your course name and see the percentage of acceptances.

Holds only for Oxbridge colleges, Imperial College, King's College, University College, Univ of Manchester, Edinburgh, Andrews, Warwick and School of Economics. :smile:

https://www.admissionreport.com/
I thought the deadline was in June, so I'm doing my application now, I won't have my references as it's so last minute, they usually keep them open if the course isn't full though don't they? Should I rush an application (without references) in now or wait until tomorrow to see if the course is full and apply for next year? :frown:
I thought the deadline was in June, so I'm doing my application now, I won't have my references as it's so last minute, they usually keep them open if the course isn't full though don't they? Should I rush an application (without references) in now or wait until tomorrow to see if the course is full and apply for next year? :frown:
Original post by Scarlett9788

Apply next year as without references you may not get an offer anyway.
Reply 198

Hey, I was in contact with admissions and I submitted my application March 20th. One of my references still hasn't submitted their letter. They said this was okay as my own application was submitted before the deadline so it would be normal consideration for the program. I believe they understand if references are late, but the admissions officer said no more than two weeks from the deadline for references to submit their letters! I believe programs are still open (at least the ones I applied to) so you might be good if you can get your application in today.
As long as you've got your personal statement, academic transcrip(s), English Language test scores (should they be required) you should be fine to submit. If you look on your specific course page, it should say the different times that they give out offers (should the places still be available) e.g. on or before 31st March, between April 1st and June 30th, between July 1st and July 31st, then on or after August 1st. Also it might be worth personally emailing your academic advisors/people writing your references to let them know that you need the references ASAP and that you apologise for the short notice. Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest