The Student Room Group

People reveal their biggest moments of epiphany and it's hilarious

Have you ever had one of those moments where the penny suddenly drops on a certain topic and you realise that you've been a fool for years?

It more than likely happens to hundreds of thousands of people around the world every day but we are too embarrassed to share it with everyone.

Some people have shared theirs on Twitter:

"I thought money laundering was physically washing the money and hanging it to dry to get cocaine residue off of it. A whole room of people silently stared at me after I announced this."

"Pennies are brown so i used to think abraham lincoln was black. It wasn't until obama was going to be the first black president that i realized lincoln wasn't."

"I thought artichoke hearts were from an animal that I pictured as being similar to an armadillo. I thought it was friggen disgusting that people would buy a jar of that."

What's the most mundane but thunderous epiphany you ever had? Something so ridiculously dull or elementary that still bowled you over when you figured it out?
Original post by Spirithorse
Have you ever had one of those moments where the penny suddenly drops on a certain topic and you realise that you've been a fool for years?

It more than likely happens to hundreds of thousands of people around the world every day but we are too embarrassed to share it with everyone.

Some people have shared theirs on Twitter:

"I thought money laundering was physically washing the money and hanging it to dry to get cocaine residue off of it. A whole room of people silently stared at me after I announced this."

"Pennies are brown so i used to think abraham lincoln was black. It wasn't until obama was going to be the first black president that i realized lincoln wasn't."

"I thought artichoke hearts were from an animal that I pictured as being similar to an armadillo. I thought it was friggen disgusting that people would buy a jar of that."

What's the most mundane but thunderous epiphany you ever had? Something so ridiculously dull or elementary that still bowled you over when you figured it out?

@BlinkyBill @Evil Homer @Puddles the Monkey
Reply 2
Because of local accents, I thought it was 'human bean' until I was about six and read 'human being' in a book for the first time.
Original post by gjd800
Because of local accents, I thought it was 'human bean' until I was about six and read 'human being' in a book for the first time.

Reply 4
I thought girls had penises just like boys until I was 8 years old.
I always thought having a fringe was genetic, I thought it was something you either had or you didn't. I was shooketh to find out it is a hairstyle that anyone can get
Reply 6
I used to think electricity was actually ‘Electric City’, until a boyfriend corrected me. An argument ensued, but was amazed to find he was right.
Personal one - yesterday I realised the jacket I've owned for ten years, which has those stupid fake pockets, ACTUALLY HAS REAL POCKETS! My hands have been freezing for years. Stupid sewing keeping the pockets closed. :noway:
My biggest moment of epiphany: I didn't know what being gay was until I was like 13/14 and people were using the word at school.... even though we had lots of same-sex couples as family friends that we used to see all the time. So then I asked what people meant, and they explained. Then a few weeks later the penny FINALLY dropped and I was like OHHHHH! Fred and Bob!!! Jenny and Barbara!!!! Dave and Frank!!!!

Up until that point I just thought that adults came in pairs, and had never really thought any more about it :redface:
"Pennies are brown so i used to think abraham lincoln wad black"

wtf does lincoln have to do with pennies?
Reply 10
This is why:

Quick Reply

Latest