The Student Room Group

SHeffield hallam

Hi, i went to see sheffield hallam and loved it but the only problem was that the accomodation is a 15 minute walk from my collegiate campus and theres no bus service?
are people getting on alright walking from the forge/the anvil, in the rain and cold? or are there normal public busses i can pay for. thank you in advance
Reply 1
15 minutes isn't really a long walk, you will get used to it and it will be good to get some exercise every day! You could also bring your bicycle, if that helps. Sheffield is obviously not that warm, but if you bring warm coats and rainwear I'm sure it will be alright :smile:
There are a couple of buses that you could get, but you'd be on them for literally 2 minutes so it's probably easier (and cheaper) to walk.
Hey @Sadiedoherty

I think you'll be fine walking, it would actually be more hassle to get a bus from the forge due to the bus routes. Also the cycle routes are good!

Thanks
Bridget
If you're near city campus there's a free shuttle bus that runs from the student union from city to collegiate!! I think it runs every 15 minutes or so!
If you're near city campus there's a free shuttle bus that runs from the student union from city to collegiate!! I think it runs every 15 minutes or so!
Hahahahahahaha

15 minutes walk is close by Sheffield standards, for the first year Uni of lot it's more like 25-40 minutes depending on where your lectures are.

Seriously, unless you have a medical issue which complicates walking, if you think 15 minutes walk is problematic, rain or shine, you really need to get out more.

For later years you can live around Ecclesall road, and so collegiate will be right on your doorstep.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending