The Student Room Group

What should I do

Basically, at the start of the year (feb) I left uni after I was arrested one night for being drunk and disorderly. I was going through a really hard time depression etc and began drinking heavily. I had not long turned 18. I’ve applied through UCAS to other unis but my heart is still set on my old uni. My parents won’t let me return to my old uni as they don’t trust me and want me to stay at home but I don’t want that. I’ve extended my leave of absence period for my old uni meaning I can return in September 2019; however, my parents said they won’t let me return even if I get rejected from unis this time round. I’ll be 19 going on 20 when I start back uni and I’m financially self sufficient. Should I just leave them and tell them that I want to pursue my own life / dreams? The problem is that whenever I say that became really angry and aggressive and I don’t know what to do. Help! The uni that I left was Durham btw. Thanks
Reply 1
If they’re angry because you want to decide how to live your life then that’s their problem and they clearly have issues

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending