The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by RainbowParrot
Nice! My dad actually went to UCL! I really wanted to apply for Birm, but I didn't like how their Liberal Arts has a mandatory year at a foreign uni. Not that it wouldn't be interesting though, but I didn't want to add a fourth year. Also, Bath is amazing! Have you heard anything on your apps yet?

that’s so awesome! i want to make it my firm :smile:) just been invited to a pals open day actually which is great. I get what you mean with the added fourth year too. bath is really cool and i get an offer id love to insure it! so far ive got 3/5 offers, 3/4 if we remove ox lol it’s just bath in waiting for now 💫
Original post by golden1
that’s so awesome! i want to make it my firm :smile:) just been invited to a pals open day actually which is great. I get what you mean with the added fourth year too. bath is really cool and i get an offer id love to insure it! so far ive got 3/5 offers, 3/4 if we remove ox lol it’s just bath in waiting for now 💫

Fingers crossed! :smile: I haven't actually been to any open days yet, but I'm thinking I would firm Leeds or Exeter if I got offers just based on what I've read/seen!
Reply 62
Fingers crossed! :smile: I haven't actually been to any open days yet, but I'm thinking I would firm Leeds or Exeter if I got offers just based on what I've read/seen!

that sounds great! i would recommend going to some open days/offer holder days as they are really nice but i know it’s harder as you’re in the US - good luck in your decisions/exams!
College: Wadham
Course: PPE
Stage: Pre
Reapply: Rather not take a second gap year (I applied because I got better grades than expected)
How I feel? Somewhat bitter I suppose. I really liked the idea of it all and I’m super interested in all three subjects. I’m also kinda an autistic nerd so I thought it would be a glove on hand situation. Might try postgrad, I dunno.
Original post by golden1
that sounds great! i would recommend going to some open days/offer holder days as they are really nice but i know it’s harder as you’re in the US - good luck in your decisions/exams!

Thanks! Got an interview for Manchester, so fingers crossed!
Reply 65
Thanks! Got an interview for Manchester, so fingers crossed!

oh wow well done! you’ll smash it 🎊
Original post by golden1
oh wow well done! you’ll smash it 🎊

Thanks! Let me know how your Bath app goes! :smile:
Heyy, fellow reject here.
International student from Canada (so some things I say may be confusing regarding marks and other universities)
- Applied for Open Application for English LL
- Allocated to Regents Park
- Rejected pre-interview
- Most offers for Canadian unis don’t come until February/March for early applicants so still waiting to hear back but I’m hoping to apply to UCL and University of Edinburgh this weekend as I only applied to Oxford in October
Hi, Oxford reject here :frown:

- Open application to PPE
- Allocated to St. Hugh's
- Rejected pre-interview
- I really want to reapply because it's always been my dream uni but I don't think I will
- Other offers: Edinburgh, Sheffield and Manchester also rejected from LSE :frown:

I just feel very stupid, like I'm not good enough and I know that's not true and that the competition is very high so a lot of very god applicants get rejected but I just feel like a disappointment to my parents since it has been my dream uni ever since I was a kid :'(
Hi . I am an international student and I have Received offers from kcl for E&M and from uni of Edinburg for Economics and management science. It would be great if someone could guide me on which one is better academically for Economics and which is a better place to live at. Also the prestige and opportunities at the college .
Original post by andrewhvan
Applied for History and Economics at St John's. Rejected pre interview is a little bit of a bummer tho. I dont think my HAT went very well

I'm not gonna reapply cause im canadian and it's too expensive or too much of a hassel to delay my other schools for a year to apply. I got into UCL and a few others so far but I'm probs going to UofT or Queens (Canada).

Its not the end of the world they simply want the best qualified people which is understandable. Perhaps I could try for a graduate degree. :smile:

Greetings from a fellow Canadian! Sorry to hear about your rejection...hopes it all works out and you're happy at where you end up in the end. At least, that's my hope for myself too. I applied for English at St Catz. I'll prob be attending UBC or SFU. Or maybe we'll both end up at UofT.
Original post by andrewhvan
Applied for History and Economics at St John's. Rejected pre interview is a little bit of a bummer tho. I dont think my HAT went very wellI'm not gonna reapply cause im canadian and it's too expensive or too much of a hassel to delay my other schools for a year to apply. I got into UCL and a few others so far but I'm probs going to UofT or Queens (Canada). Its not the end of the world they simply want the best qualified people which is understandable. Perhaps I could try for a graduate degree. :smile:
Heyyy fellow Canadian here. I'm from Vancouver so I'll prob go to UBC or SFU (might try for UofT as well). Sorry to hear about your rejection...hope all goes well. I applied for English at St Catz.
Original post by chemr0binson
Thought it was about time someone made this thread, so enter me:wink:

This is for anyone that's been rejected that wants to vent or cry or whatever.

Some icebreakers:
-What college and course did you apply for:
-What stage you were rejected at:
-Are you going to reapply:
-What other offers you have/ what your first choice is:

I'll get us started:

Spoiler

-Mathematics at Merton
-Pre-interview
-Not taking another gap year (This was my first time applying)
-Offers for mathematics from York, UCL and Warwick.

My first choice is Imperial College London though I'm still waiting to hear back, second choice is Warwick, both in the top 4 in the country for mathematics and my wawick offer is unconditional. If I get an offer from Imperial I'm expecting a STEP condition which is gonna be so much fun.

York is really nice btw, my girlfriends studying Law there, it's a nice campus/environment.

Edit: Also, I found the admissions test fairly easy so I was quite shocked to not get an interview at least but I guess my gcses probably brought me down.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 73
I applied for History and Politics at Brasenose! Was rejected pre interview, probably because my maths gcse was only a 5! My predicted grades are A*AA and in my mock exams (didn’t do AS levels) I got A*AA :smile: I’ve got offers from Bath, Bristol, Manchester and Sheffield and I’m set on Bath
Reply 74
Original post by JackMac2904
-Mathematics at Merton
-Pre-interview

My first choice is Imperial College London though I'm still waiting to hear back, second choice is Warwick, both in the top 4 in the country for mathematics and my wawick offer is unconditional. If I get an offer from Imperial I'm expecting a STEP condition which is gonna be so much fun.

York is really nice btw, my girlfriends studying Law there, it's a nice campus/environment.

Edit: Also, I found the admissions test fairly easy so I was quite shocked to not get an interview at least but I guess my gcses probably brought me down.

What were your gcses
Has anyone been rejected post-interview? Apparently, my friend who went for the interview has received a UCAS rejection from Oxford’s E
(edited 5 years ago)
-Mathematics at Merton
-Pre-interview

Original post by dx31
What were your gcses

Probs my downfall, only had 1 A* which was in mathematics, would of been two if my *****y school had let me do the further maths GCSE. ( I severely underperformed at GCSE in my non-mathematics subjects)

Though I had A*A*A* already achieved in mathematics, further Mathematics and computer science at A level.
Reply 77
Probs my downfall, only had 1 A* which was in mathematics, would of been two if my *****y school had let me do the further maths GCSE. ( I severely underperformed at GCSE in my non-mathematics subjects)

Though I had A*A*A* already achieved in mathematics, further Mathematics and computer science at A level.

Awww did you take a gap year to reapply? And that’s amazing!!!! You should be so proud
Original post by dx31
Awww did you take a gap year to reapply? And that’s amazing!!!! You should be so proud

No, I was taking a gap year regardless, I was just given the advice to apply post A level as to reduce exam stress and improve my chances of gaining admission (due to the lousy GCSEs).

I'll be very happy with Imperial, it's the uni I've always wanted before I considered Oxbridge. And they don't particularly care about GCSEs from what I understand so hopefully I will stand a good chance. I dodged their first wave of rejections so fingers crossed I can get an offer (and soon for the sake of my sanity) 🤞
Both my parents went to Imperial and they loved it far more than I love Oxford so good luck with that.

Latest

Trending

Trending