The Student Room Group

how to get first in law?

I'm currently a second year law student which in first year ( marks do not count to overall degree) I only got a 2.2, now I am in second year I know I need 2.1's in order to get onto my masters.

I have currently just finished my tort exams in second year and have not even recieved a pass level.. I don't understand where I am going wrong, as I use the recommenced text, I use my seminar work to layout my structure and always refer back to case law and statutes..

How do I start achieving 1st and 2.1s? what is it I need to do.
Reply 1
Original post by Jasminexabx
I'm currently a second year law student which in first year ( marks do not count to overall degree) I only got a 2.2, now I am in second year I know I need 2.1's in order to get onto my masters.

I have currently just finished my tort exams in second year and have not even recieved a pass level.. I don't understand where I am going wrong, as I use the recommenced text, I use my seminar work to layout my structure and always refer back to case law and statutes..

How do I start achieving 1st and 2.1s? what is it I need to do.

If i understand you correctly, and you didn't pass your tort exam, you need to talk to the lecturer concerned. Only they can tell you what you did wrong, as nobody here has seen your exam paper.

Generally, to get the high marks in law, you need to be reading outside of just the recommended text and lecture/seminar notes to gain the knowledge and insight required.
Reply 2
In addition to reading textbooks, you need to read Cases & Materials books, also known as casebooks.

To get distinction, you need to read the cases (ie, the judgements) in their entirety.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending