The Student Room Group

How do I prove a family emergency?

Last week I had to quickly travel 50 miles from home quite late at night to a slightly sudden family emergency, where I stayed over for 3 days. After coming back my mind was totally preoccupied with everything and I forgot that I had a small assignment due friday, so i never submitted it and gave no warning that I wouldn't just because of the state of my mind.

The assignment isn't anything major, it's worth 10% of my grade for 1 module and i'm in first year. My grades so far are high enough with my other assignments to pass the module without that extra 10%, so worse case scenario it just means I get a lower grade overall... but I would rather have the chance to do it just to be safe.

I know that you need to provide proof of an issue or reason for not submitting to be given an extension/ 2nd chance. But how on earth do I prove a family emergency?

For context, the assignment was an online careers thing which you get a 100% pass rate just for completing it, there are no right or wrong answers in it. but the deadline has now passed and I cannot access it.

The family emergency was with someone who is struggling with mental health issues, and something came up quite suddenly and I was the only person able to travel at the time.
Original post by Ryandrummond
Last week I had to quickly travel 50 miles from home quite late at night to a slightly sudden family emergency, where I stayed over for 3 days. After coming back my mind was totally preoccupied with everything and I forgot that I had a small assignment due friday, so i never submitted it and gave no warning that I wouldn't just because of the state of my mind.

The assignment isn't anything major, it's worth 10% of my grade for 1 module and i'm in first year. My grades so far are high enough with my other assignments to pass the module without that extra 10%, so worse case scenario it just means I get a lower grade overall... but I would rather have the chance to do it just to be safe.

I know that you need to provide proof of an issue or reason for not submitting to be given an extension/ 2nd chance. But how on earth do I prove a family emergency?

For context, the assignment was an online careers thing which you get a 100% pass rate just for completing it, there are no right or wrong answers in it. but the deadline has now passed and I cannot access it.

The family emergency was with someone who is struggling with mental health issues, and something came up quite suddenly and I was the only person able to travel at the time.

Were they seen by any medical professionals at the time?
Reply 2
Don’t you have to still pass each part of your module though? My coursework still requires 35% when it isn’t worth too much overall.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending