The Student Room Group

Do you make New Year's Resolutions?

Poll

Do you make New Year's resolutions?

What do you reckon?
Not anymore. I don't find them silly I just don't make them because I never stick to them
I never used to but have tried the past few years. I don't feel I was successful on any of my resolutions for 2018, so here's hoping 2019's ones work out better for me :colondollar:
Used to, usually forget them.

Don't need a calendar date to improve myself
I sometimes make them. There's a few I've managed to keep, others have been less successful though.
No. I might do had the school not rammed it down our throats for the entire of January
Reply 6
New year goals, yes, any excuse for a “new start” are great I think :smile:
Reply 7
Lose 4-5 stone after years of never doing anything about it. At least get a healthier lifestyle and stick to it.

Revise more.
my only resolution is to surive because its the only thing i can achieve :tongue:
Yes

Drink more alcohol 🍺
This year I am going to make the resolution of not laughing at all the people who make really puritanical resolutions and then fail after 3 days.
not generally, but this year i'm trying to lean down. currently 6'1 91kg, look kinda like a rugby player. I wanna go back down to 80kg like i used to be, the lean 'prettyboy' look suits my face much better aka something like chico.
Life changes quickly and what was relevant at the start might not be relevant in March. We need to be fluid and constantly change our aims based on the world we are confronted with. Set goals and try fulfilling those goals. I dont support sitting resolutions and stick to them all the time.
Hello I'm french I live in Paris I give French lesson online cheap 5€ only per hour if you're interested contact me
(edited 5 years ago)
I prefer to work on self-improvement year-round, where possible.
I think they're a fad. Especially for me.
Never bothered. Giving something up for a month or a few weeks such as for Lent is more focused and achievable.
Original post by BlinkyBill
What do you reckon?

I have always goals I am trying to achieve those in the next year, and that has not changed for coming 2019. I have gave up making resolutions long time ago, and for this year having expectations, because 2018 went wrong with too high expectations I had.
Yes, I do.. but I have been failing continuously for last 2 years to keep it up even for one day.But, let me tell you, this year been different.You will say , HOW ?Fortunately, I came across a really good survey on the 1st week of 2021 and its really helping me stay accountable.My family is like - what the hell are you doing ? How come such dramatic change ?and I simply respond back with a pleasant smile .Let me share the link to that survey with you wonderful people. I believe if it can help a person like me, surely it has the potential to help any person.Here you go,https://newyearresolution-2021.paperform.co

Quick Reply

Latest