The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

didn't they already change the syllabus for math this year? Incase you haven't noticed there was no non-calculator paper last yr...
Syllabus wasn't changed, only difference was the existance of a non calculator paper
dafunkyguy
I can't remember the last question...but I certainly remember the 2nd question of the exam. It was about identities...something like sin 140 and cos 110. Something like that.

we did the same exam!!! im in venezuela.. those werent identities btw... i couldnt do it but then my friend explained it and it was actually really easy.. only like 2 ppl in my class got that question ..so what timezone is our paper then??
never mind i just read the rest of the posts and i guess im time zone one as well... the explanation ur teacher gave u for question 2 is the same my genius friend gave me.. they shouldnt have asked that though because unless ur a serious math thinker theres no way i wouldve ever thought of doing that especially since i had never seen a question like that in any past paper. i dont know.. that just bothered me... whatever.. oh and the vector question of our paper 2 ... i was also mad because of that one cuz i studied vectors a lot but the way they phrased the questions threw me off and i didnt know what to do.. blahhh
Joaof
Hey everyone, I think Paper 1 was a bit of a massacre... Especially question 9 :frown: I agree with what you guys, the specimen was so easy but then IB raped us all.

Anyway, I wanted to let you know that friend of mine created a group on Facebook out of this frustration. The group has over 100 members already - all who are complaining about the excessive difficulty of some questions on Maths SL IB Paper I. The idea is that since teachers must send in a report to the IB assessing the exam for it's difficulty (or to make suggestions), if we get enough students complaining to their teachers and enough negative reports on this past exam then the IB might consider *CONSIDER* lowering the grade boundaries.

I already looked at the exam with my maths teacher and we determined that indeed there were some very unfair questions. He will consult with the entire group of CEESA Maths teachers and hopefully send in a joint complaint to the IB.
I did this in half-an-hour. You can do it too! Your precious IB points are at stake!

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=37741245555&ref=mf

hahahah joaaoo... we went to osc ib together.. the world is so small.. how freaky. i saw estonia and i actually knew it was u
Reply 225
lalalander
never mind i just read the rest of the posts and i guess im time zone one as well... the explanation ur teacher gave u for question 2 is the same my genius friend gave me.. they shouldnt have asked that though because unless ur a serious math thinker theres no way i wouldve ever thought of doing that especially since i had never seen a question like that in any past paper. i dont know.. that just bothered me... whatever.. oh and the vector question of our paper 2 ... i was also mad because of that one cuz i studied vectors a lot but the way they phrased the questions threw me off and i didnt know what to do.. blahhh

Yep...we are both doing the Paper 1 Timezone 1. It really pissed me off as well...I don't think any of us got it...unless you're like a super genius. Also...the vectors one...I don't think it was that hard...that was actually pretty easy for me. :p:
Guyyyyyyyyys I didn't get number two. -_____- The sin and cos thing where you had to express stuff in terms of p and q... I can't remember the question. But I'm still so upset about that question, because we never did anything like it in class. :'(
join the club
Reply 228
now if you felt that IB have been unfair for this exam and want to try make a difference (+ have facebook), then go here, http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=37741245555 and join the group. we need to work together to make a difference!!!
Reply 229
yo guys... do you remember how many points the 2nd main question in section B (in paper 1) was out of? I remember one of the first questions was about finding the derivative of sin^3x...

anyone ? :help:

Latest

Trending

Trending