The Student Room Group

How to revise Politics?

I am currently doing the CCEA specification of Politics at AS which covers the British political system as well as the Northern Irish political system.

I will tell you what, its ****ing hectic to revise.

I know what most of the **** means but I simply do not know how to revise it. Obviously I feel as if I need to revise but I really have no clue how to do it.

Please drop tips for me will be so helpful.

Thanks Gareth
Hey @gsmyth377

I was in a similar position when I did my AS level! Everyone retains information differently but for me I found flash cards best. Firstly writing the flash cards, condensing information (key words and definitions or key events) and getting someone to test me from them or test myself.

I also rated the pomodoro technique, which is revising in 25 minute bursts followed by a short 5/10 minute break. This helps to start testing yourself, I used to see how much information I could get down without checking my notes.

Hope this helps!
Charlotte :smile:
Original post by gsmyth377
I am currently doing the CCEA specification of Politics at AS which covers the British political system as well as the Northern Irish political system.

I will tell you what, its ****ing hectic to revise.

I know what most of the **** means but I simply do not know how to revise it. Obviously I feel as if I need to revise but I really have no clue how to do it.

Please drop tips for me will be so helpful.

Thanks Gareth

What i did for my AS was to write out an essay on each of the main topics that could be asked. (Executive domainance/scrutiny etc) and made them perfect
then i went through my notes and made sure i had enough on them then i started learning it bit by bit.
Or if you dint want to write out the full essay you could just do.a detailed essay plan since they repeat all the time.

Make sure when you are revising you look at the speaker, whips, backbench rebelliosn etc because they can come up as smaller questions. I think that if you are struggling to learn it all then maybe just split it up a lot, like one day start looking at pmb then move on to whips.
Last year i found that getting a cheap notebook and writing the same thing over and over again really helped me.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending