The Student Room Group

Which uni should I choose

Hi I'm a student from eastern Europe and I couldn't go for open days at unis.
I thought about 4.
-University of Leeds for Journalism course- is it more theoretical or practical?
-newcastle uni- Media course. IS it focus on the theoretical aspects?
- Goldsmiths- Media and communication- I have heard many different opinions about this uni and how the course is like.
-Falmouth uni- television course- this uni sounds great but is in the middle of nowhere

Which uni has the greatest opportunities? Which are the best for media studies if I want to focus more on media production and in a small part of journalism?
Need your advice!
Reply 1
I applied to all of these except falmouth and media at leeds instead of jornalism. The Leeds journalisms course is very similar to the media course but it has a lot more preactical than the media course i.e coursework/modules that are soley practical as well as a year in industry. Newcastle is dpeendant on which course the media,comms and film is more of a practical course than the media,comms and culture is less practical but still a lot of it. Goldsmiths is a 50/50 split between theory and practical. It very much depends on if your prefer theory or practical, what type of media you ant to look at etc. I am more than happy to ask any quetions you have as i have been to the open days and applicant days.
Original post by Kirari
Hi I'm a student from eastern Europe and I couldn't go for open days at unis.
I thought about 4.
-University of Leeds for Journalism course- is it more theoretical or practical?
-newcastle uni- Media course. IS it focus on the theoretical aspects?
- Goldsmiths- Media and communication- I have heard many different opinions about this uni and how the course is like.
-Falmouth uni- television course- this uni sounds great but is in the middle of nowhere

Which uni has the greatest opportunities? Which are the best for media studies if I want to focus more on media production and in a small part of journalism?
Need your advice!

Hi Kirari,

Have you considered Ravensbourne University London? We are a well known design and media focused university in North Greenwich, which is in central London, next to the 02 Arena.

We offer a range of media based courses, including Digital Television Production, whcich focuses on many aspects of television and media. We have a studio, gallery and many more professional facilities to accomodate this course. The course is entirely coursework based and is the study of all aspects of television production including broadcast and online media. This course features two pathways in either production or operations.

The location of the university enables us to have a wide range of industry links, including guest speakers who are well known in the media industry.

We also offer a range of other media focused courses, so feel free to take a look and see if any interest you!

There are open days coming up in February and June.

Please get in touch if you have any questions regarding the university or course!

Holly

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending