The Student Room Group

Quick piece of advice to anyone who is currently feeling like a failure

Posted this on Reddit and thought it would be great here

“If you constantly think about a yellow car then you will easily spot one”

Often when we feel like a failure/are unhappy with who we are it’s because we are focusing and giving too much weight to the negatives in our life and or our weaknesses.

You can’t give that stuff too much power.

80% of life is great but it is very easy to focus on the bad 20% and let it control your perception of yourself.

If I could count the things that make me feel like a failure it would be about 5things/failures.

This evening in the uni room alone I was close to feeling hopeless/sad, but I stopped myself. Instead of giving too much power to the bad things in my life I instead got a piece of paper and wrote down all the things that were good in my life and things that I like about myself. Usually when I’m unhappy I am on Reddit/TSR venting about the things I hate about myself.

I ended up writing 31 things. 31 positive things/strengths compared to 5 negative things/ weaknesses.

You could go a step further. Write down your shortcomings/barriers/failures/insecurities then scrunch up that piece of paper. Tear it to pieces and throw it in the bin. To subconsciously tell yourself that you have more power
(edited 5 years ago)
this is honestly one of the most motivating things ive ever read, thank you

Quick Reply

Latest