The Student Room Group

Is it easy to get 3As in AS than in A level?

Just wondering many people I've spoken to told me most of their class gets D+ in their AS exams than their A level exams.
Is AS exams hard
Original post by hd...
Just wondering many people I've spoken to told me most of their class gets D+ in their AS exams than their A level exams.
Is AS exams hard

AS exams are hard. They are half the A -Level content at the end of the day. If you revise in due course though they are fine I recently took them last summer and achieved 4 As if thats any help. But the beauty of AS is that if you muck them up its not the end of the world
Reply 2
Original post by Tbarker1
AS exams are hard. They are half the A -Level content at the end of the day. If you revise in due course though they are fine I recently took them last summer and achieved 4 As if thats any help. But the beauty of AS is that if you muck them up its not the end of the world

Do you have any advice for me taking AS exams? and How did you get 4As? well done btw
(edited 5 years ago)
for me when taking as I knew the content quite well. past papers are a good revision source. sometimes its also nice to map out all the topics and how they connect to each other which can help. I think I got 4 As because well I focused on the goal of getting there and that kinda helped motivate me.
Reply 4
for me when taking as I knew the content quite well. past papers are a good revision source. sometimes its also nice to map out all the topics and how they connect to each other which can help. I think I got 4 As because well I focused on the goal of getting there and that kinda helped motivate me.

Did you revise every single day? and which subjects did you do?
I didn't revise every day it's important to have a break. I took maths, further maths, physics and computer science
Reply 6
I didn't revise every day it's important to have a break. I took maths, further maths, physics and computer science

do you do edexcel for maths? If you did, how did you revise? and was the papers easy?
Original post by hd...
do you do edexcel for maths? If you did, how did you revise? and was the papers easy?

Yes I do Edexcel for maths. To revise I mainly did the book exercises and past paper questions. I found the pure relatively easy(95/100) but the applied can be a bit sticky in places(only 45/60)
Reply 8
Yes I do Edexcel for maths. To revise I mainly did the book exercises and past paper questions. I found the pure relatively easy(95/100) but the applied can be a bit sticky in places(only 45/60)

What applied? where did you get your past paper questions from?
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by hd...
What applied? where did you get your past paper questions from?

Sorry that wasnt clear. Applied is a mixed bag sometimes the questions are relatively easy whilst other times they are rock solid. I got my past questions from a variety of places from school, online the old spec are alright and the is one specimen paper for new paper available.
Reply 10
Sorry that wasnt clear. Applied is a mixed bag sometimes the questions are relatively easy whilst other times they are rock solid. I got my past questions from a variety of places from school, online the old spec are alright and the is one specimen paper for new paper available.

Did you use exam solutions or physics and maths tutor?
Original post by hd...
Did you use exam solutions or physics and maths tutor?

i used physics and maths tutor for solutionbank to the textbook
Reply 12
i used physics and maths tutor for solutionbank to the textbook

same anyways thank you for your help I hope your A levels are going well
Original post by hd...
same anyways thank you for your help I hope your A levels are going well

happy to help

Quick Reply

Latest