The Student Room Group

Urgent - please help

Basically I can’t help but feel my best friend doesn’t value our friendship anyone since we joined sixth form. I message her and she honestly takes like a good 3-5 hours to even open my message yet I know that she’s seen the notification because she’s been messaging over people. I once sent her a text like some time last week and she replied a whole week later! She claimed she didn’t see it but how could she not when she’s been on her phone?
Is it time I just maybe steer away from the friendship? Because I’ve honestly had enough tbh

Please send in your advice and thoughts on the situation .

Positivity only 💗
Reply 1
yes
Original post by Anonymous
Basically I can’t help but feel my best friend doesn’t value our friendship anyone since we joined sixth form. I message her and she honestly takes like a good 3-5 hours to even open my message yet I know that she’s seen the notification because she’s been messaging over people. I once sent her a text like some time last week and she replied a whole week later! She claimed she didn’t see it but how could she not when she’s been on her phone?
Is it time I just maybe steer away from the friendship? Because I’ve honestly had enough tbh

Please send in your advice and thoughts on the situation .

Positivity only 💗

People drift away from old friendships as they move into different stages of their lives. Even though it feels rubbish, sometimes you just have to accept that the friendship has been outgrown by one of you. Clinging on or trying to remain in contact one-sidedly is not a sensible or healthy thing to do.
Welcome to Sixth Form! Now may be a good time to start afresh :smile:
This happened to me in year 11 with my friend who I’ve been best friends with since year 7, she started hanging out with another girl and we drifted apart however we go to the same sixth form college I decided to let it go and not be close with her anymore because the situation in year 11 made me feel negative and I didn’t need that in my life, now we are at college I feel much more happy and mature since I made that decision

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending