The Student Room Group

AQA A Level English Language Cousework

Left it so late but planning on doing my creative writing section over half term but i’ve not got a clue what to use as a style model??
Reply 1
What do you mean by a 'style model'? Also, did you not do creative writing for GCSE? There should surely be something that you can transfer from that to here.
basically i’ve got to do a 750 word piece of creative writing but base it on something else such as an article etc just can’t decide what to base it on. i didn’t do creative writing at GCSE as my year was the first to have 1-9 in that subject when they removed coursework
Original post by elliehughes2402
basically i’ve got to do a 750 word piece of creative writing but base it on something else such as an article etc just can’t decide what to base it on. i didn’t do creative writing at GCSE as my year was the first to have 1-9 in that subject when they removed coursework

Check the AQA website. They should have some exemplar answers that you can use for motivation
Your style model should be something you are interested in. It should also be something that has a distinctive style, so not a blog or school letter etc.
I have seen good responses based on an extract from Irvine Welsh (complete with strong Scottish dialect and taboo lexis), dark tourism travel writing and a car review. Jeremy Clarkson-style opinion pieces can work well but are not as easy as they first appear.
Do you have a favourite author? Could you review a band or concert?
Reply 5
Original post by elliehughes2402

You did do creative writing in the reformed GCSE specification because it's part of the English language exams.

You should base it on an article that covers a topic that is close to you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending