The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Dropping out of uni this late in the year

Okay so I have no idea what I'm doing.
I currently go to uni at UCL, but have known since about Christmas I wanted to drop out, but kept putting it off to see if I could struggle through my subject even though I hate it and knew I was going to do badly.
It's gotten to the point where I now know there is nothing I can do to save my grades regardless, so I'm dropping out in the hopes I can get back into a different uni as soon as possible.
The thing is I have no idea how to. I've spoken to various people at UCL about how to drop out and they're not helping me at all with what to do after. Obviously, my grades are good, I have no worries about actually being able to get into another uni I just don't know how to do it and how soon it will be. For instance, can I apply for clearing even if I have no applied to go to uni for this year, or will I have to wait until the 2020 start?
I have spoken to both UCAS and UCL and they have been fairly useless at guiding me, has anyone been in a similar situation and has any idea what to do? My biggest fear is dropping out of uni and then never going back
Thanks
Have a look at the top of the applications, clearing and ucas forum. There’s a thread called Transfer FAQ. The first post explains what you need to do.
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Maybe redo the year
Or wait another year, till October, then reapply. You cannot enter clearing if you haven’t already got an outstanding application. Really you should have made your mind up ummm 3 months ago
Original post by charlotte100200
Okay so I have no idea what I'm doing.
I currently go to uni at UCL, but have known since about Christmas I wanted to drop out, but kept putting it off to see if I could struggle through my subject even though I hate it and knew I was going to do badly.
It's gotten to the point where I now know there is nothing I can do to save my grades regardless, so I'm dropping out in the hopes I can get back into a different uni as soon as possible.
The thing is I have no idea how to. I've spoken to various people at UCL about how to drop out and they're not helping me at all with what to do after. Obviously, my grades are good, I have no worries about actually being able to get into another uni I just don't know how to do it and how soon it will be. For instance, can I apply for clearing even if I have no applied to go to uni for this year, or will I have to wait until the 2020 start?
I have spoken to both UCAS and UCL and they have been fairly useless at guiding me, has anyone been in a similar situation and has any idea what to do? My biggest fear is dropping out of uni and then never going back
Thanks

That gets you out

https://www.ucl.ac.uk/students/student-status/changes-your-studies/interrupting-or-withdrawing-your-studies
https://www.ucl.ac.uk/academic-manual/chapters/chapter-3-registration-framework-taught-programmes/section-8-withdrawing-programme

You need to be aware of the to do list and making sure you tell the right people. If you have mh issues, ten id suggest using those with medical evidence as your reason for dropping.

Rest should be on that faq, but you can still apply for 2019, although some deadlines have passed and courses may be full.

I wouldnt worry. Go back when ready and you already have the grades. Choose carefully.
Original post by liquidconfidence
Or wait another year, till October, then reapply. You cannot enter clearing if you haven’t already got an outstanding application. Really you should have made your mind up ummm 3 months ago

If you read where I said that I was trying to see if there was any way I could save my graves before I actually dropped out that why I didn't "make up my mind" 3 months ago. It would mean giving up a great degree at a great uni so it's ummmm not that simple : ))
Original post by charlotte100200
If you read where I said that I was trying to see if there was any way I could save my graves before I actually dropped out that why I didn't "make up my mind" 3 months ago. It would mean giving up a great degree at a great uni so it's ummmm not that simple : ))

Good luck! 😇
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending