Top choice for university Watch

Fnas81
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hi,
I am after some advice regarding top university choice for primary PGCE as I live in London and planning to apply for PGCE but not quite sure as to which universities to apply to as have just found that UCL only accept gcse equivalency tests taken with equivalency testing.com where as I have booked my GCSE equivalency exams with A star. So what universities should I choose other than ucl ? Thanks.
04MR17
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Fnas81)
Hi,
I am after some advice regarding top university choice for primary PGCE as I live in London and planning to apply for PGCE but not quite sure as to which universities to apply to as have just found that UCL only accept gcse equivalency tests taken with equivalency testing.com where as I have booked my GCSE equivalency exams with A star. So what universities should I choose other than ucl ? Thanks.
A PGCE isn't too different wherever you go, what you're taught will be largely the same, the way that the university support you and the placements you'll be doing is what varies depending on institution. When it comes to Teacher Training university ranking comes even less into play than at undergraduate, so I wouldn't worry in that regard. Do some research, have a look around London unis websites, what their course involved, what their school connections are like, how much support you're given by the university, anything else you think is important.

Someone on here (can't remember who) applied to Roehampton last year and had nice things to say about it, so that might be a good place to start.
Fnas81
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Thankyou very much for the detailed reply.. it makes sense now 😊
Phoebe maebh
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
If you want to do a pgce St Mary’s Twickenham and Roehampton are meant to be good for teacher training and have a good reputation / good connections with schools
University of Roehampton (Official)
  •  Official Rep
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Fnas81)
Hi,
Hi Fnas81,

As 04MR17 and Phoebe maebh have mentioned, our PGCE Primary course is very popular, and is highly rated by the National College for Teaching and Leadership. 100% of our students on this course are in employment or further education six months after graduating, and all receive QTS upon completion.

You can get further information here, or feel free to ask us any specific questions you may have.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (73)
15.9%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (47)
10.24%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (88)
19.17%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (64)
13.94%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (48)
10.46%
How can I be the best version of myself? (139)
30.28%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed