The Student Room Group

Top choice for university

Hi,
I am after some advice regarding top university choice for primary PGCE as I live in London and planning to apply for PGCE but not quite sure as to which universities to apply to as have just found that UCL only accept gcse equivalency tests taken with equivalency testing.com where as I have booked my GCSE equivalency exams with A star. So what universities should I choose other than ucl ? Thanks.
Original post by Fnas81
Hi,
I am after some advice regarding top university choice for primary PGCE as I live in London and planning to apply for PGCE but not quite sure as to which universities to apply to as have just found that UCL only accept gcse equivalency tests taken with equivalency testing.com where as I have booked my GCSE equivalency exams with A star. So what universities should I choose other than ucl ? Thanks.
A PGCE isn't too different wherever you go, what you're taught will be largely the same, the way that the university support you and the placements you'll be doing is what varies depending on institution. When it comes to Teacher Training university ranking comes even less into play than at undergraduate, so I wouldn't worry in that regard. Do some research, have a look around London unis websites, what their course involved, what their school connections are like, how much support you're given by the university, anything else you think is important.

Someone on here (can't remember who) applied to Roehampton last year and had nice things to say about it, so that might be a good place to start. :smile:
Reply 2
Thankyou very much for the detailed reply.. it makes sense now 😊
If you want to do a pgce St Mary’s Twickenham and Roehampton are meant to be good for teacher training and have a good reputation / good connections with schools
Original post by Fnas81
Hi,

Hi @Fnas81,

As @04MR17 and @Phoebe maebh have mentioned, our PGCE Primary course is very popular, and is highly rated by the National College for Teaching and Leadership. 100% of our students on this course are in employment or further education six months after graduating, and all receive QTS upon completion.

You can get further information here, or feel free to ask us any specific questions you may have. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending