The Student Room Group
Robotics at Plymouth University
University of Plymouth
Plymouth
Visit website

PLYMOUTH UNIVERSITY STUDENTS - I have a question!:)

Hi guys,

I’m coming to Plymouth Uni in September and I’m incredibly excited. I’ll be joining the third years as I’ve completed two years already.

My main question is - can anyone tell me a rough idea of the timetable of a third year psychology student (E.g. 2 days a week) as I literally have no idea and need to know for employment reasons!

Also, I’m a country bumpkin and moving to the city is a scary thought - can anyone give me pointers on what the best way to meet fun and wild new people would be? (I’m moving into descovery heights halls). When I move, I won’t know anyone down there! Eeek!

Advice on best pubs, clubs is always greatly appreciated.

Can’t wait!! :biggrin: xx

-Stella
Original post by Vegetable
Hi guys,

I’m coming to Plymouth Uni in September and I’m incredibly excited. I’ll be joining the third years as I’ve completed two years already.

My main question is - can anyone tell me a rough idea of the timetable of a third year psychology student (E.g. 2 days a week) as I literally have no idea and need to know for employment reasons!

Also, I’m a country bumpkin and moving to the city is a scary thought - can anyone give me pointers on what the best way to meet fun and wild new people would be? (I’m moving into descovery heights halls). When I move, I won’t know anyone down there! Eeek!

-Stella

Hi Stella,

Congratulations! That's amazing news :smile:

I'm not sure, however, I can investigate this if you would like?

Honestly, a great way to meet friends super easily is by joining societies and sports club. People love meeting new people in these settings, and it's a great way to do something extracurricular too! Have you got any hobbies or interests you could pursue whilst at Uni? There's also volunteering, and I know that my course had a Facebook group.

Let me know what kind of things you're into and I can give you some advice, I studied here myself so I'm always happy to help! :smile:

- Seren, University of Plymouth Student Rep
Robotics at Plymouth University
University of Plymouth
Plymouth
Visit website
Hi guys,

-Stella

Hi Stella!

Can’t help you out much with the Psychology part unfortunately - I’m a Humanities Foundation student moving to Film and TV Production as a first year in September.

In terms of meeting people, Freshers Week is the best place for it all! Not only do you get to meet people on your course, but you also get to meet people in your flats on nights out (the SU ran a Halls T-Shirt social last year with CleverStudentLets) and you can join societies too!

I joined the Astronomy Society and the Harry Potter Society, and am currently School Liaison Officer for the second one - potentially becoming Social Media Officer soon though!

Any other questions, feel free to give me a shout! ☺️
- Ellie
Reply 3
Thanks both of you, your advice really helps :smile: I’ve been looking at societies today and see a few I like the look of :banana:
Thanks both of you, your advice really helps :smile: I’ve been looking at societies today and see a few I like the look of :banana:

Hi @vegetable

That's great news! Let me know if you'd like any more help or advice! :smile:

- Seren, University of Plymouth Student Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending