The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL vs Univ of Toronto for Econ

I am a student from Canada, and I received offers from UCL and u of t for econ. I’m wondering that which one is better, in terms of quality of teaching and global reputation, especially in states? Thank you for answering!
It all boils down to what are your future plans. If you want to work in the States, my advice is to just study at uoft
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by a gudetama
It all boils down to what are your future plans. If you want to work in the States, my advice is to just study at uoft

Thanks for replying, I’m planning to have my master degree in states. Is easier to get in from UCL or UofT? In other words, which one is more recognizable?
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by xzhou01
Thanks for replying, I’m planning to have my master degree in states. Is easier to get in from UCL or UofT? In other words, which one is more recognizable?

Tbh, I don’t think it matters. Both are equally reputable. You just need to check the criteria for master degree. Eg. is there a prescribed number of years where you have to study a certain subject in the States? If there isn’t then just go wherever you prefer.

Alternatively, you can check the global rankings for Economics on THE or QS etc.
UCL is better by far. UCL is a top top University and has a Global Reputation. It is a brand name and is recognised by employers around the world. In the UK the top tier Universities are Oford, Cambridge, LSE, UCL, and Warwick(for econ and maths). You should go to UCL.Especially for Economics, UCL is a top top university. It is basically where oxbridge rejects/LSE rejects go, especially for competitve, high quality degrees like Economics.
Oxbridge rejects typically go to Durham or St Andrews university, not UCL.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending