The Student Room Group

GCSE/ A Levels Combo

Is it possible to do 8 GCSE's and A-levels combined, in the space of one year ?
Original post by Hope9.8
Is it possible to do 8 GCSE's and A-levels combined, in the space of one year ?

Are you a child prodigy or very very clever?
Are you interested in passing or getting good grades?

For most people trying to do 4 years studies in a year would be completely unfeasible.
If you were a well financed prodigy with lots of support plus not bothered about results, then you could try. For the rest of the mortals then it would be a no.
Reply 2
No I'm neither sadly, but I am definitely bothered about results.

Its been a while since I have been out of formal education so I dont realize the challenges of these curricullums and was thinking the best way to go about it since I am planning on going to a good uni and don't see an access course as the only nor best way.

Do you reckon is realistic if I did 8 GCSE's in one year and depending on results 3 A levels in the second year offcourse countering the fact I have good network of tutors and good old fashioned hard work?
Reply 3
Original post by Hope9.8
No I'm neither sadly, but I am definitely bothered about results.

Its been a while since I have been out of formal education so I dont realize the challenges of these curricullums and was thinking the best way to go about it since I am planning on going to a good uni and don't see an access course as the only nor best way.

Do you reckon is realistic if I did 8 GCSE's in one year and depending on results 3 A levels in the second year offcourse countering the fact I have good network of tutors and good old fashioned hard work?

Are you intending to study full time, or will you also be trying to hold down a job? What subjects are you intending to study?
Reply 4
Yes, I have a part time job. I intend on studying GCSE : Mathematics, English language, English Literature, Biology, Physics, Chemistry, Geography and History.

Quick Reply

Latest