The Student Room Group

should i take a level further maths

i’m considering taking a level maths and further maths (as well as physics and economics). in my mocks we only did gcse maths (i currently also take further maths and im predicted a 9) and i got 86% in paper 1 and 98% in paper 2/3 (my schl merged the two). how difficult do you think further maths a level
is?

also do you think my subject choices are good? i’m predicted 9s in all and i want to take maths, physics, econ and further maths (if not further maths i would take chem or politics)
Original post by httpluuv
i’m considering taking a level maths and further maths (as well as physics and economics). in my mocks we only did gcse maths (i currently also take further maths and im predicted a 9) and i got 86% in paper 1 and 98% in paper 2/3 (my schl merged the two). how difficult do you think further maths a level
is?

also do you think my subject choices are good? i’m predicted 9s in all and i want to take maths, physics, econ and further maths (if not further maths i would take chem or politics)

Your subject combo is pretty popular at my school. My friend got the highest mark in the world for A level Edexcel Maths and FM this year and took physics + CS. He finds that FM is just a weird extension of Maths = honestly just need practice and didn't take him that much effort to revise (just doing PPQs = same Qs come up time and time again).
Reply 2
Original post by Tulipbloom
is?

Your subject combo is pretty popular at my school. My friend got the highest mark in the world for A level Edexcel Maths and FM this year and took physics + CS. He finds that FM is just a weird extension of Maths = honestly just need practice and didn't take him that much effort to revise (just doing PPQs = same Qs come up time and time again).

thank you so much!
is?

Id deffo give it a try. Further maths is just an extention of maths after all. If you struggle then you could always drop it.

Quick Reply

Latest