The Student Room Group

Sexuality

Alright then. To put it simply I have no idea what sexuality I am. I'm a thirteen year old girl so I don't know if I need to wait some more years until I find out which gender/s I'm attracted to. As far as I can remember, I have never had a crush or loved any of my Ex's. That's the main reason why they're my ex's. I have a feeling I'm a bit too young to place a label on myself but I thought I should share this to at least get an idea of who I may be attracted to. As far as I know I'm an asexual person but I may be wrong. That's why I'm asking for ideas.
First of all you are only thirteen and whereas you might not personally feel young you are very young. It is okay to feel asexual at 13. It is OKAY! You may still feel asexual at 21 but at 23 someone comes along who changes those feelings for you (or not).
For me.....when I was thirteen I, truthfully, had more crushes on girls and female celebrities but I was never in a relationship at that age. I thought perhaps I was gay. But as I went through high school I found myself liking guys and wanting to know more about them. I started trying to flirt with them a little as well. When I went off to uni I still thought girls as being pretty but I didn't want to go out on a date with a girl. I realized that I, definitively, for dating and relationship purposes only wanted to be with guys. I have a lot of wonderful girls that are beautiful friends..... but just friends. I am straight.
My point of telling you this is you don't have to have all the answers now - or even for years to come - it will all work out the way it is meant to in the end.
But at 13 feeling asexual is very common. Just be patient to find what the future brings for you romantically.
Original post by Anonymous
Alright then. To put it simply I have no idea what sexuality I am. I'm a thirteen year old girl so I don't know if I need to wait some more years until I find out which gender/s I'm attracted to. As far as I can remember, I have never had a crush or loved any of my Ex's. That's the main reason why they're my ex's. I have a feeling I'm a bit too young to place a label on myself but I thought I should share this to at least get an idea of who I may be attracted to. As far as I know I'm an asexual person but I may be wrong. That's why I'm asking for ideas.

I’ve got clothes older than you, give it some time you have literally only just become a teenager and thing will clear up over the coming years
I think you should not be labelling yourself at that age.
It's most likely that you've never experienced sexual attraction due to your age. You're still going through puberty so it's entirely normal.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending