A Level English Literature Edexcel Exam Predictions 2019 Watch

Cherryapple143
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Anyone here do Hamlet and the Importance of Being Earnest?? If so, predictions.
I'm thinking madness or corruption.
I'm thinking Lady Bracknell or even Canon Chasuble for characters.
sb.123
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Madness, tragedy or corruption for Hamlet?
slmtrash
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Cherryapple143)
Anyone here do Hamlet and the Importance of Being Earnest?? If so, predictions.
I'm thinking madness or corruption.
I'm thinking Lady Bracknell or even Canon Chasuble for characters.
I do both and my teachers are pretty dead set on Chasable or religion coming up for IOBE since superficiality and morality I think came up in AS but for Hamlet they're saying madness/corruption/revenge or a character. Ngl I'm stressed just thinking about it.
AldiiblA
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
yeah i mean i don't like to talk about setting for street car; I prefer theme as the ideas seem more broader imo and yeah true expressionism hasn't came up so therefore it might me a technique question
(Original post by l.wil01)
Maybe a question about women for Othello? They've never had a female character before so maybe Emilia or Desdemona. I think Bianca would be unlikely so early on in the exams, especially as Cassio was quite obscure last year.

Streetcar I'm unsure about. I don't think they've had anything about Williams' use of expressionism or something like that. Or setting?
Shiver2319
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Agreed, hate talking about setting for streetcar. Will always choose the alternative choice :/
As for Othello I think setting may be likely to show up.
(Original post by AldiiblA)
yeah i mean i don't like to talk about setting for street car; I prefer theme as the ideas seem more broader imo and yeah true expressionism hasn't came up so therefore it might me a technique question
AldiiblA
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
yeah haha imagine talking about belle reve and elyssian fields for an 1 hour haha. And yeah Ottomon empire and cyprus etc and locations like the bedrooms scenes location of the handkerchief scenes etc can be good pointers to talk about Othello imo.
(Original post by Shiver2319)
Agreed, hate talking about setting for streetcar. Will always choose the alternative choice :/
As for Othello I think setting may be likely to show up.
zebralizard124
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
how did you find the exam yesterday?
(Original post by AldiiblA)
AldiiblA
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
what exam

(Original post by zebralizard124)
how did you find the exam yesterday?
getschwifty
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I saw a question about 'minor characters' come up on a previous drama paper. Does anyone have any idea how you could discuss this for Streetcar or Othello?
AldiiblA
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by getschwifty)
I saw a question about 'minor characters' come up on a previous drama paper. Does anyone have any idea how you could discuss this for Streetcar or Othello?
steve eunice - how they live their life domestically in the patriarchal society in post war America. Emilia and how she views relationships and compare her ideologies with the main character (Desdemona's). Roderigo and Brabantio their manipulation by Iago etc. These are some pointers to go about maybe.
a_levels_188
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Yeah, I was thinking setting or human sexuality.
(Original post by l.wil01)
Maybe a question about women for Othello? They've never had a female character before so maybe Emilia or Desdemona. I think Bianca would be unlikely so early on in the exams, especially as Cassio was quite obscure last year.

Streetcar I'm unsure about. I don't think they've had anything about Williams' use of expressionism or something like that. Or setting?
a_levels_188
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
How the negro woman, street vendors, Mexican woman and other minor characters create the environment of New Orleans that Blanche is "incongruous" to.
(Original post by getschwifty)
a_levels_188
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Guys, if we get a question on minor characters, do you think it would suitable to treat Mitch as a minor? Or is he definitely a major character?
zoeworth
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
This is what york notes said:
'Steve and Eunice Hubbel
Pablo Gonzalez is one of Stanley’s poker-playing friends.
Other characters are the Doctor and Nurse, the Negro Woman, the Mexican Woman and the Young Collector'

(Original post by a_levels_188)
Guys, if we get a question on minor characters, do you think it would suitable to treat Mitch as a minor? Or is he definitely a major character?
bolaamaka
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Does anyone have an guess on what may come up on the prose paper Dracula and Dorian gray
f*ucked123
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Othello and streetcar predictions pls Im thinking women for othello and a character for streetcar possibly setting
f*ucked123
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
the confinement of the apartment
New Orleans - socially and racially segregated
(Original post by HKP24)
What is the importance of setting in a Streetcar Named Desire?
Monzi6120
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I'm thinking for TIOBE it might be Miss Prism or Any of the women in the play. For anyone doing Othello, have a feeling it might be a question on women as well or Marriage possibly.
BB777
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hopefully Emilia for othello and Mitch for streetcar...that would be heaven for me
(Original post by f*ucked123)
Othello and streetcar predictions pls Im thinking women for othello and a character for streetcar possibly setting
reneebutcher13
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
My teacher said possibly female characters, and morality which apparently has yet to come up in an Earnest exam. Does anyone do Twelfth Night, and if so do you have any ideas on what may come up tomorrow? Stressing to the MAX
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Manchester Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Jun '19
  • University of West London
    Undergraduate Open Day - West London Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Jun '19
  • University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (192)
14.5%
The paper was reasonable (736)
55.59%
Not feeling great about that exam... (296)
22.36%
It was TERRIBLE (100)
7.55%

Watched Threads