The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Anyone here do Hamlet and the Importance of Being Earnest?? If so, predictions.
I'm thinking madness or corruption.
I'm thinking Lady Bracknell or even Canon Chasuble for characters.
Reply 41
Madness, tragedy or corruption for Hamlet?
Original post by Cherryapple143
Anyone here do Hamlet and the Importance of Being Earnest?? If so, predictions.
I'm thinking madness or corruption.
I'm thinking Lady Bracknell or even Canon Chasuble for characters.

I do both and my teachers are pretty dead set on Chasable or religion coming up for IOBE since superficiality and morality I think came up in AS but for Hamlet they're saying madness/corruption/revenge or a character. Ngl I'm stressed just thinking about it.
yeah i mean i don't like to talk about setting for street car; I prefer theme as the ideas seem more broader imo and yeah true expressionism hasn't came up so therefore it might me a technique question
Original post by l.wil01
Maybe a question about women for Othello? They've never had a female character before so maybe Emilia or Desdemona. I think Bianca would be unlikely so early on in the exams, especially as Cassio was quite obscure last year.

Streetcar I'm unsure about. I don't think they've had anything about Williams' use of expressionism or something like that. Or setting?
Agreed, hate talking about setting for streetcar. Will always choose the alternative choice :/
As for Othello I think setting may be likely to show up.
Original post by AldiiblA
yeah i mean i don't like to talk about setting for street car; I prefer theme as the ideas seem more broader imo and yeah true expressionism hasn't came up so therefore it might me a technique question
yeah haha imagine talking about belle reve and elyssian fields for an 1 hour haha. And yeah Ottomon empire and cyprus etc and locations like the bedrooms scenes location of the handkerchief scenes etc can be good pointers to talk about Othello imo.
Original post by Shiver2319
Agreed, hate talking about setting for streetcar. Will always choose the alternative choice :/
As for Othello I think setting may be likely to show up.
how did you find the exam yesterday?
Original post by AldiiblA
what exam

Original post by zebralizard124
how did you find the exam yesterday?
I saw a question about 'minor characters' come up on a previous drama paper. Does anyone have any idea how you could discuss this for Streetcar or Othello?
Original post by getschwifty
I saw a question about 'minor characters' come up on a previous drama paper. Does anyone have any idea how you could discuss this for Streetcar or Othello?

steve eunice - how they live their life domestically in the patriarchal society in post war America. Emilia and how she views relationships and compare her ideologies with the main character (Desdemona's). Roderigo and Brabantio their manipulation by Iago etc. These are some pointers to go about maybe.
Yeah, I was thinking setting or human sexuality.
Original post by l.wil01
Maybe a question about women for Othello? They've never had a female character before so maybe Emilia or Desdemona. I think Bianca would be unlikely so early on in the exams, especially as Cassio was quite obscure last year.

Streetcar I'm unsure about. I don't think they've had anything about Williams' use of expressionism or something like that. Or setting?
How the negro woman, street vendors, Mexican woman and other minor characters create the environment of New Orleans that Blanche is "incongruous" to.
Original post by getschwifty
Guys, if we get a question on minor characters, do you think it would suitable to treat Mitch as a minor? Or is he definitely a major character?
This is what york notes said:
'Steve and Eunice Hubbel
Pablo Gonzalez is one of Stanley’s poker-playing friends.
Other characters are the Doctor and Nurse, the Negro Woman, the Mexican Woman and the Young Collector'

Original post by a_levels_188
Guys, if we get a question on minor characters, do you think it would suitable to treat Mitch as a minor? Or is he definitely a major character?
Does anyone have an guess on what may come up on the prose paper Dracula and Dorian gray
Othello and streetcar predictions pls Im thinking women for othello and a character for streetcar possibly setting
the confinement of the apartment
New Orleans - socially and racially segregated
Original post by HKP24
What is the importance of setting in a Streetcar Named Desire?
I'm thinking for TIOBE it might be Miss Prism or Any of the women in the play. For anyone doing Othello, have a feeling it might be a question on women as well or Marriage possibly.
Reply 58
Hopefully Emilia for othello and Mitch for streetcar...that would be heaven for me
Original post by f*ucked123
Othello and streetcar predictions pls Im thinking women for othello and a character for streetcar possibly setting
My teacher said possibly female characters, and morality which apparently has yet to come up in an Earnest exam. Does anyone do Twelfth Night, and if so do you have any ideas on what may come up tomorrow? Stressing to the MAX

Latest

Trending

Trending