The Student Room Group

Spanish gcse

Hi I am in year 10 currently but I would really love to do well in my Spanish gcse. Anyone have any tips or revision techniques for listening, reading and writing please that I can start now?
Make a list of key vocabulary as you go!
Reply 2
my biggest regret is leaving it all until last minute. you're lucky, you're in year 10 so you've still got loads of time. i feel like with a language, its something that you need to build up over a long period of time, you can't just cram everything in to a few weeks like you can with other subjects. There's loads of websites out there which help GCSE students, like there's radios you can listen to and news articles specifically written for gcse students. for vocab, i use memrise because even just doing 5/10 mins a day whilst you're sat in the car helps a lot. to be honest, i think its just important that you keep the language around you to make you more aware of it. there are also some really good spanish netflix shows: money heist, elite, cable girls. i watch these with Spanish audio and english subtitles but depending on your ability you can change this. hope this helps.
Thanks so much for the advice, have you done your gcse or are you doing it this year?
Original post by kate444
my biggest regret is leaving it all until last minute. you're lucky, you're in year 10 so you've still got loads of time. i feel like with a language, its something that you need to build up over a long period of time, you can't just cram everything in to a few weeks like you can with other subjects. There's loads of websites out there which help GCSE students, like there's radios you can listen to and news articles specifically written for gcse students. for vocab, i use memrise because even just doing 5/10 mins a day whilst you're sat in the car helps a lot. to be honest, i think its just important that you keep the language around you to make you more aware of it. there are also some really good spanish netflix shows: money heist, elite, cable girls. i watch these with Spanish audio and english subtitles but depending on your ability you can change this. hope this helps.
Reply 4
doing it this year, not prepared at all ahah
Original post by Alisha246
Thanks so much for the advice, have you done your gcse or are you doing it this year?
Good luck guys :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest