The Student Room Group

Should I take English Lit or Spanish A Level??( I want to do dentistry)

Just got my GCSE results back, and I'm rethinking A Level choices. I rly want to do dentistry so I was planning on Chem, Bio, Maths plus Spanish as an AS (or 4th subject depending on how it goes lol), but now I'm considering English Lit bc of my teachers. I enjoyed Lit GCSE and I'll rly miss it next year. Problem is I feel the same about Spanish. It's fun and it would be rly useful to be fluent. I found them the same difficulty in GCSEs, but was wondering how much harder it gets at A Level? What changes? Which one would be easier, especially w three stem subjects? idk I feel stressed bc I don't wanna regret my decisions halfway through the year. Would dental schools prefer a subject over another or is it just the grade that counts lol. Am I overthinking this??
firstly, why are you taking four a-levels?
Reply 2
lmaooo good question, idk, I wanna see if I can do it
if its too hard I'll drop one
Original post by alevelstudent090
firstly, why are you taking four a-levels?
Original post by yamontoast
lmaooo good question, idk, I wanna see if I can do it
if its too hard I'll drop one

oh goooddd, just making sure you don’t burn yourself out. wish i could help advise u with the rest but i have no knowledge on lit or spanish. but good luck 🤞🏼
Original post by yamontoast
Just got my GCSE results back, and I'm rethinking A Level choices. I rly want to do dentistry so I was planning on Chem, Bio, Maths plus Spanish as an AS (or 4th subject depending on how it goes lol), but now I'm considering English Lit bc of my teachers. I enjoyed Lit GCSE and I'll rly miss it next year. Problem is I feel the same about Spanish. It's fun and it would be rly useful to be fluent. I found them the same difficulty in GCSEs, but was wondering how much harder it gets at A Level? What changes? Which one would be easier, especially w three stem subjects? idk I feel stressed bc I don't wanna regret my decisions halfway through the year. Would dental schools prefer a subject over another or is it just the grade that counts lol. Am I overthinking this??

just do spanish. english lit i’ve been thinking of too for alevels but you’ve already got the subjects u need for dentistry, just do spanish instead and try to gain some fluency in it

Quick Reply

Latest