The Student Room Group

Year 12- lets connect over the stress of A-levels :)

Im just an a-level student taking Eng Lit,RS and Business and working hard to achieve good grades and to get into a good uni.I want to get to know my fellow year 12s so feel free to :introduce yourself , the subjects you study , aspired uni and career path and anything else you want to share e.g your fave starbucks order (mines coconut iced latte).
Undergraduate- lets connect over how easy A-levels were compared to degrees : )

jk

I did A level RS too what exam board are you studying?
Its OCR. What degree are you doing?
Original post by HoldThisL
Undergraduate- lets connect over how easy A-levels were compared to degrees : )

jk

I did A level RS too what exam board are you studying?
Hey! I'm also a stressed out year 12 :smile: I'm taking biology, chemistry and physics and the goal is to do medicine at uni! I also love a good java chip frappuccino :biggrin:

What are you hoping to do at uni?
Original post by coffeerush24
Its OCR. What degree are you doing?

I do PPE at Warwick, and I did WJEC RS
ooo frappes as heaven when i am feeling in a chocolaty mood. Well atm i am torn between 3 courses 1.Law,politics and philosophy at KCL 2.Law any where 3. International Relations at St Andrews. Im yet to visit the unis yet so that will hekp me to make my decision but main career goal is something based around poltics and law what about you?
Original post by Amiibo_Dealer
Hey! I'm also a stressed out year 12 :smile: I'm taking biology, chemistry and physics and the goal is to do medicine at uni! I also love a good java chip frappuccino :biggrin:

What are you hoping to do at uni?
Oh what would you say Warick Uni is like thinking of doing PPL at KCL
Original post by HoldThisL
I do PPE at Warwick, and I did WJEC RS
can anyone HELP ME
Oh what would you say Warick Uni is like thinking of doing PPL at KCL

i think the teaching is bad but it's a better university that kings, especially given the cost of living in london
They're great :biggrin: Ooh those options look good! Yeah I'd definitely say get a good look at the unis and see what they say about their course in particular. I've yet to visit some unis for open days but medicine at Birmingham, Cardiff, UEA and Newcastle all look great aha. It's a shame the open days are so far away lmao
ooo frappes as heaven when i am feeling in a chocolaty mood. Well atm i am torn between 3 courses 1.Law,politics and philosophy at KCL 2.Law any where 3. International Relations at St Andrews. Im yet to visit the unis yet so that will hekp me to make my decision but main career goal is something based around poltics and law what about you?
My teacher told me to write a poetic response to the poem The Class Game in the perspective of the upper/middle class. AND I AM STUCK ... its due tom morrow can anyone help meeeeee
Hi guys, AlwaysBroke here, been lurking round for a while now.
Without further ado I chose:
-Biology
-Chemistry
-Psychology

My predicted exams start this May (I'll be fasting too ahah!)
The course I would like to get into is Dentistry preferably at Manchester, but hey, i'll take anywhere, even all the way down in Plymouth!

Since this is a stress thread I just want to share my experience. The holidays just started but I ave always felt that i'm not responsible enough to be a GDP as this comes with managerial aspects and i guess i'm quite unconfident at giving people sh*t and I'm not sure if I can hold the responsibility. I have been dying with this stress about my future career path as honestly, although i'm 17 I still feel like i'm in year 10, I don't think I have matured at all really and I just feel like this year I have been pushed into growing up and forcing myself to take a course.

I'm really considered on taking a gap year literally, just to allow myself time to think and stuff. Honestly I wouldn't say all this is due to a lack of confidence; I went to a medical/dental conference, undertook MMI's with random kids listening in and I got pretty decent feedback. It's just i'm not sure I will be able to handle the stress of the course and the job and all the stuff coming up, like PS, Predicted grades, Volunteering and Work experience, UCAT/BMAT, MMI's than 5 long years of a course that is apparently harder than or equal to A-levels.....stress is killing meeeeee omdz writing this out actually killed me on the inside.

TL;DR - bio chem psychology, wants to do dentistry but too pus**, might take gap year re-apply and if I don't get it hit up pharmacy instead
Original post by ice-cream03
can anyone HELP ME

with?
honestly and i dont know if you have found this but they are on inconvient days
Original post by Amiibo_Dealer
They're great :biggrin: Ooh those options look good! Yeah I'd definitely say get a good look at the unis and see what they say about their course in particular. I've yet to visit some unis for open days but medicine at Birmingham, Cardiff, UEA and Newcastle all look great aha. It's a shame the open days are so far away lmao
Although me and you are taking completely diff subect i know the struggle. I was considering a gap year but then i realised how boring it would be a whole year by myself even though i would fill it with work experinece and other things i came to the conclusion its not for me.On your topic of feeling your not confident enough i can relate recently ive been on a journey to better myself and to grow as a person and it has helped and i have become more confident and content with myself.Maybe try to push yourself to make convo with a stranger or something or to take up a role in your sixth form or even join a volenteering group doing stuff like this now will help you grow. And also if u fel your not sure about if u really want to do medicine take some time to sit down n make a plan or a list of why u want to do medicine and why you feeling held back from it and also try this website its called unifrog its basically a website that i use at my sixthform n it helps you to look at different career options.
Original post by AlwaysBroke.
Hi guys, AlwaysBroke here, been lurking round for a while now.
Without further ado I chose:
-Biology
-Chemistry
-Psychology

My predicted exams start this May (I'll be fasting too ahah!)
The course I would like to get into is Dentistry preferably at Manchester, but hey, i'll take anywhere, even all the way down in Plymouth!

Since this is a stress thread I just want to share my experience. The holidays just started but I ave always felt that i'm not responsible enough to be a GDP as this comes with managerial aspects and i guess i'm quite unconfident at giving people sh*t and I'm not sure if I can hold the responsibility. I have been dying with this stress about my future career path as honestly, although i'm 17 I still feel like i'm in year 10, I don't think I have matured at all really and I just feel like this year I have been pushed into growing up and forcing myself to take a course.

I'm really considered on taking a gap year literally, just to allow myself time to think and stuff. Honestly I wouldn't say all this is due to a lack of confidence; I went to a medical/dental conference, undertook MMI's with random kids listening in and I got pretty decent feedback. It's just i'm not sure I will be able to handle the stress of the course and the job and all the stuff coming up, like PS, Predicted grades, Volunteering and Work experience, UCAT/BMAT, MMI's than 5 long years of a course that is apparently harder than or equal to A-levels.....stress is killing meeeeee omdz writing this out actually killed me on the inside.

TL;DR - bio chem psychology, wants to do dentistry but too pus**, might take gap year re-apply and if I don't get it hit up pharmacy instead
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest