The Student Room Group

Everyone seems so busy at Easter

Feel like a loser if you don't have lots of plans.

Is it just me feeling this way?
Reply 1
What stage of life are you at? I'm doing A2 and haven't got any plans, I don't even have any contact with any of my friends from college. But I do have a group chat of people who have applied to the same uni as me and they are what keeps me company. How much do you talk to other people? Like do you have any contact with anyone?
Original post by Proker
Feel like a loser if you don't have lots of plans.

Is it just me feeling this way?

Everyone's probably revising for exams init
This is me every bloody weekend :lol:

Don't worry mate, you are not alone :wink:
Reply 4
Well I work now as just graduated. It's just the hype. People at working asking what are your Easter plans. A girl on Tinder I messaged on Tuesday about a drink this week suddenly saying to me last night out of the blue, 'surely you've got plans this weekend?!'.

I feel like in London people are always chasing something and so you always feel like you are missing out on something. I'm not someone who really plans my Easter weekend on a Monday or Tuesday. I like to run with what I do closer to the time (which doesn't always work as I find as many already have plans then, as I found out for this weekend).

As it turns out, I sadly have to work on Monday, but get today off. All I'm doing is going to some sports event later today and then out for a few beers with a couple mates tonight probably. Other than that, I'm not really sure I have any 'plans' for the rest of the weekend other than doing normal stuff like going to the gym or whatever. Maybe I'll meet a mate for a coffee or something.

But I feel like a loser for it. I do have mates even if my social scene is not crazy. But I feel like I'm missing out because everywehre around you people are talking about plans, people are going away or seem busy.

Really makes me wonder how much is hype and how much is real? What are people doing? Am I alone in the way I think/feel?

Original post by Max1989
What stage of life are you at? I'm doing A2 and haven't got any plans, I don't even have any contact with any of my friends from college. But I do have a group chat of people who have applied to the same uni as me and they are what keeps me company. How much do you talk to other people? Like do you have any contact with anyone?
Reply 5
Original post by Proker
Well I work now as just graduated. It's just the hype. People at working asking what are your Easter plans. A girl on Tinder I messaged on Tuesday about a drink this week suddenly saying to me last night out of the blue, 'surely you've got plans this weekend?!'.

I feel like in London people are always chasing something and so you always feel like you are missing out on something. I'm not someone who really plans my Easter weekend on a Monday or Tuesday. I like to run with what I do closer to the time (which doesn't always work as I find as many already have plans then, as I found out for this weekend).

As it turns out, I sadly have to work on Monday, but get today off. All I'm doing is going to some sports event later today and then out for a few beers with a couple mates tonight probably. Other than that, I'm not really sure I have any 'plans' for the rest of the weekend other than doing normal stuff like going to the gym or whatever. Maybe I'll meet a mate for a coffee or something.

But I feel like a loser for it. I do have mates even if my social scene is not crazy. But I feel like I'm missing out because everywhere around you people are talking about plans, people are going away or seem busy.

Really makes me wonder how much is hype and how much is real? What are people doing? Am I alone in the way I think/feel?

Fair do's, at least the most important thing is that you have people and you are 'busy most the time, perhaps if you start making plans in advance rather than last minute you might be able to have more, you seem quite sociable so make plans it's not so much you don't have them you simply have not made them. You could be spontaneous and just ask you mates out to do stuff, yes sometimes they will decline but do this once or twice a week then you'll have plenty of plans. People are busy, but try and focus on using your time not observing how others use theirs.
Reply 6
I'm from a Catholic family, so I usually end up with plans at church. I'm a quaker, but I usually go to church not my meeting on Easter for my family. I always go to the Maundy Thursday service if nothing else. If you are really stuck for something to do, then there's always that.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending