The Student Room Group

RS A level?

I've taken rs a level for next year however I'm starting to have some doubts about the exams. Looking at the grade boundaries for the last few years they seemed to be insanely high! Like 48/50 high for all of the papers. Do they mark the papers nicely then? Is it THAT seemingly impossible to get an a star as opposed to something like physics where the grade boundaries are low
Reply 1
Which exam board are you talking about?
Original post by Joe312
Which exam board are you talking about?

Edexcel
Reply 3
Original post by jonathanjames
Edexcel

Are you sure you aren't looking at the grade boundaries for the old specification? I remember the old spec was crazy with the grade boundaries like that.
Original post by Joe312
Are you sure you aren't looking at the grade boundaries for the old specification? I remember the old spec was crazy with the grade boundaries like that.

Yeah I'm pretty sure it's the new one, I saw the grade boundaries for 2018, they're absolutely mad!
Reply 5
Original post by jonathanjames
Yeah I'm pretty sure it's the new one, I saw the grade boundaries for 2018, they're absolutely mad!

Could you post the link? You might have been looking at the retakes for the old spec in 2018.
Original post by Joe312
Could you post the link? You might have been looking at the retakes for the old spec in 2018.

You're right, I think I may have been, but consulting the new one there's not a lot of difference!
https://qualifications.pearson.com/en/support/support-topics/results-certification/grade-boundaries.html?Qualification-Family=AS-and-A-level

Quick Reply

Latest