The Student Room Group

post study leave

How many months can an international masters student stay in UK after their course has ended? Also does this time period vary from university to university or is it same for all?
Original post by Anonymous
How many months can an international masters student stay in UK after their course has ended? Also does this time period vary from university to university or is it same for all?

it depends on your visa type and duration. If your visa conditions state that you must return to your country of origin by the end date of your course, you will have to leave then.
Some universities are in a Tier 4 pilot program which allows for their master's students to stay for longer afterwards, so yes it is different for some.
Reply 3
Original post by Helloworld_95
Some universities are in a Tier 4 pilot program which allows for their master's students to stay for longer afterwards, so yes it is different for some.

well I was thinking of going to UCL but its not part of the pilot program and i'm afraid 4 months wont be enough to enrol into PhD after MRes.
Original post by Anonymous
well I was thinking of going to UCL but its not part of the pilot program and i'm afraid 4 months wont be enough to enrol into PhD after MRes.

You may be required to return to your origin country for the period between your MRes and PhD in that case.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending