The Student Room Group

UCAS application as private candidate

Hey I'm in my gap year and I am resitting my A-level exams this year.. I am trying to fill out my ucas application and I tried to put my A-level grades as '' pending '' but it doesnt allow me to do so.. how can I do that?
You need to enter your A levels twice.
Once with the grades awarded with a date in the past.

You then need to add your exam centre with part time attendance for the months of exam-results. You'll be able to add a pending copy of the A levels you're resitting to this exam centre
Original post by PQ
You need to enter your A levels twice.
Once with the grades awarded with a date in the past.

You then need to add your exam centre with part time attendance for the months of exam-results. You'll be able to add a pending copy of the A levels you're resitting to this exam centre

Does it matter if I add my exam centre (which is not my college) but I get my reference and predicted grades from my teacher (who is from my college)?
Original post by labmember004
Does it matter if I add my exam centre (which is not my college) but I get my reference and predicted grades from my teacher (who is from my college)?

Not at all - one is your education history the other is your reference
Original post by PQ
Not at all - one is your education history the other is your reference

Would it be a problem if I add the exam centre with my pending grades for a level and put just my GCSE grades from my college? I feel really embarrased putting my bad grades as well
Original post by labmember004
Would it be a problem if I add the exam centre with my pending grades for a level and put just my GCSE grades from my college? I feel really embarrased putting my bad grades as well

Yes

withholding qualifications makes your application technically fraudulent. You MUST declare all your awarded grades.
have you got predicted grades? i'm not sure how to get mine as im sitting exams independently
Original post by Aaminahqx
have you got predicted grades? i'm not sure how to get mine as im sitting exams independently

Are you being tutored or self studying?
Original post by Admit-One
Are you being tutored or self studying?

self studying
self studying

In that case you'll need to apply without predictions. Unis are used to to this, it's quite normal for students who are self studying.
(Original post by Admit-One)In that case you'll need to apply without predictions. Unis are used to to this, it's quite normal for students who are self studying.

Oh Thats a relief, so will i still be able to receive offers? will they be based off of my personal statement and experience?
(Original post by Admit-One)In that case you'll need to apply without predictions. Unis are used to to this, it's quite normal for students who are self studying.

Oh Thats a relief, so will i still be able to receive offers? will they be based off of my personal statement and experience?

Yes, your choices will just go off the other info in your application. Usually your ref could explain that they cannot provide predictions, but it's not a problem if you're already sent the application off, your unis can contact you directly if they want to double check.
Reply 12
In that case you'll need to apply without predictions. Unis are used to to this, it's quite normal for students who are self studying.

Hi,
If im taking 3 a-levels at a sixth form but I'm sitting another a-level privately (self studying) would I just fill in my predicted for those and leave out my self studying a-level?
Reply 13
Yes, your choices will just go off the other info in your application. Usually your ref could explain that they cannot provide predictions, but it's not a problem if you're already sent the application off, your unis can contact you directly if they want to double check.

Hi,
If im taking 3 a-levels at a sixth form but I'm sitting another a-level privately (self studying) would I just fill in my predicted for those and leave out my self studying a-level?
Original post by 74darina
Hi,

You don’t fill in your predictions.

You list all your A levels with future award dates (with your private study A level listed against the exam centre you plan to sit it with with study dates june-august and set as part time).

Your referee will have the option to provide predictions for all pending qualifications. If they aren’t happy predicting a grade for your private A level then they’ll leave it blank and make it clear in your reference that you’re self studying so they can’t provide a prediction)
Reply 15
Thank you so much.
Would I be allowed to sit all of my exams at the same centre (my sixth form)?
Despite the fact one of them I'd be preparing for privately.
Original post by PQ
You don’t fill in your predictions.

You list all your A levels with future award dates (with your private study A level listed against the exam centre you plan to sit it with with study dates june-august and set as part time).

Your referee will have the option to provide predictions for all pending qualifications. If they aren’t happy predicting a grade for your private A level then they’ll leave it blank and make it clear in your reference that you’re self studying so they can’t provide a prediction)
Original post by 74darina
Thank you so much.
Would I be allowed to sit all of my exams at the same centre (my sixth form)?
Despite the fact one of them I'd be preparing for privately.

That’s something that you have to ask your sixth form
Reply 17
Okay, thank you so much for your help.
Original post by PQ
That’s something that you have to ask your sixth form

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending