The Student Room Group

2nd Postgraduate funding

Hi,

Last year I was studying a masters course however, I had to leave due to suffering from personal mental health reasons. Unfortunately I ended up withdrawing from my course and this year I received a post graduate certificate due to not going back to studying and completing the course with the credits I just earned up until the point I left last year. However I have fully paid for the course and I have left with a post graduate certificate due to the credit I received to date.

Now I am fully back feeling great mentally and I was wondering would student finance fund me again for another Masters course if I was to provide evidence of my mental health circumstances I was suffering from last year? Despite I have left with a post graduate certificate. - Would they allow me to retry?
(edited 5 months ago)
Did you receive a Postgraduate Loan for your previous PG study?
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
Did you receive a Postgraduate Loan for your previous PG study?

Yes I did
(edited 5 months ago)
Original post by Smiller1107
Hi,

Last year I was studying a masters course however, I had to leave due to suffering from personal mental health reasons. Unfortunately I ended up withdrawing from my course and this year I received a post graduate certificate due to not going back to studying and completing the course with the credits I just earned up until the point I left last year. However I have fully paid for the course and I have left with a post graduate certificate due to the credit I received to date.

Now I am fully back feeling great mentally and I was wondering would student finance fund me again for another Masters course if I was to provide evidence of my mental health circumstances I was suffering from last year? Despite I have left with a post graduate certificate. - Would they allow me to retry?

Hi there,

If you have not been awarded a full Postgraduate Qualification you would need to apply on a paper application and you would need to provide us evidence of your Compelling Personal Reasons. When would your new course start?

If you could not complete your course year due to a compelling personal reason, you may be able to receive an additional year of funding if you provide evidence of this.
We can accept photocopies of the following;
-Medical evidence from a GP on headed paper
-Letter from HEP on headed paper
-Letter from Social Services on headed paper
-Letter from clergy or professional person on headed paper
-Death Certificate and/or a Birth Certificate
Where applicable, we recommend evidence;
-Is signed and dated
-Confirms the reason why you could not continue with your studies and
- When this took place

Thanks, Drew

Quick Reply