The Student Room Group
Dental Students, University of Central Lancashire
University of Central Lancashire
Preston
Visit website

Preston or Burnley?

I have been offered both Burnley or Preston campus for social work 2019 entry. I am closer to Burnley so this would be an obvious choice for me, although I am wondering if there is any advantages that Preston being the main campus has over Burnley. I will be living at home so accommodation isn't an issue and the commute time to Preston is around 30 minutes. I am around 10 minutes from Burnley.
Hi - sorry you haven't had a response to this yet. I'm just going to bump the thread in the hope that someone sees this and can help :h:

Why do I this?

Dental Students, University of Central Lancashire
University of Central Lancashire
Preston
Visit website
Original post by K100D
I have been offered both Burnley or Preston campus for social work 2019 entry. I am closer to Burnley so this would be an obvious choice for me, although I am wondering if there is any advantages that Preston being the main campus has over Burnley. I will be living at home so accommodation isn't an issue and the commute time to Preston is around 30 minutes. I am around 10 minutes from Burnley.

Hello!

The best advice I can give to you is to go with your gut and do what feels absolutely right for you :smile:

Most students make their decision based on where they currently live and the transport links available to them, obviously our Preston City Campus is a fair bit larger than Burnley, however UCLan Burnley is definitely growing with a lot of courses commencing in September.

Have you been for campus tours around both to get a feel of the student life? Once you've visited both campuses you might start to have an inclination of which you feel is best for you. I'd recommend getting in touch with the <i> at Burnley (call 01282 475500 or email [email protected]) to arrange a campus tour, and the Preston campus tours run every Wednesday from the Students' Union Building at 1:15pm! :biggrin:

Best wishes, Kat (official rep)
Reply 3
I did my foundation year for psychology with psychotherapy and counselling at Burnley and then moved to the Preston campus for my first - third year. I thought Burnley was more organised overall for a lot of the health care/ social degrees, however Preston’s campus is full of lovely people and always has amazing events going on! Hope this helps! Smash that degree! 💫🙋🏼

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending