Elsmok
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I was just wondering what physics is at a level, im currently in year 11 and wanted to hear some opinions.
Gent2324
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
its good, but depends on what you like. theres alot of maths, some of which goes to further maths level.
ibyghee
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Gent2324)
its good, but depends on what you like. theres alot of maths, some of which goes to further maths level.
There's no further maths in physics?
ibyghee
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Elsmok)
I was just wondering what physics is at a level, im currently in year 11 and wanted to hear some opinions.
10/10 love it. So much so that I decided to study it in uni.
j.1.2
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Further maths can help but it's doable even without it. Doing regular maths is a massive plus so take maths too if you pick physics.
subjectwise, I think it is the most interesting one out of all - there are a lot of super cool experiments and the syllabus contains fun stuff but I think it all comes down to the school physics department teachers and all that crap. Just do it if you like maths and are a practical person.
Gent2324
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by ibyghee)
further mechanics crosses over with further mechanics in further maths
Gent2324
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by j.1.2)
Further maths can help but it's doable even without it. Doing regular maths is a massive plus so take maths too if you pick physics.
subjectwise, I think it is the most interesting one out of all - there are a lot of super cool experiments and the syllabus contains fun stuff but I think it all comes down to the school physics department teachers and all that crap. Just do it if you like maths and are a practical person.
oh yeah its completely doable without it, my point was that some of the maths does get reasonably hard. mechanics in maths is pretty much the same so it saves so much revision time.
j.1.2
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
there is, you study circular motion, momentum and equilibrim which is in further maths mechanics
ibyghee
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
further mechanics crosses over with further mechanics in further maths
Further mechanics is a different subject?
ibyghee
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by j.1.2)
there is, you study circular motion, momentum and equilibrim which is in further maths mechanics
oh right, I never knew. tbh, circular motion and momentum is pretty easy. Equilibrium is in normal math though right?
Gent2324
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Further mechanics is a different subject?
no its in further maths and physics. its an option in further maths and gets much much harder than physics, but there are a few crossovers with angular velocity and centriputal forces
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (13)
7.3%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (29)
16.29%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (29)
16.29%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (25)
14.04%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (49)
27.53%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (33)
18.54%

Watched Threads