The Student Room Group

Abortion in NI should be legalised?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Wired_1800
That’s great. As for Derby, i don't think so. Forest fans will cry.

As we love to sing to Direby

https://youtu.be/d9L2Q0tV6fM
Original post by ColinDent
As we love to sing to Direby

https://youtu.be/d9L2Q0tV6fM

:s-smilie:
Reply 182
Original post by Student-95
When did I say that? I don't even know what point you were trying to make. A life has no value unless the chance of survival passes a certain threshold? What about people with no access to medicine / shelter / clean water? What about people with serious illnesses? Their chance of survival won't be great so can we kill them if it's convenient?

There is a huge difference between ~people~ and ~foetus'~. So you're sole argument is to compare between people and something which is not a person. Yet you don't take into account the woman and her body *her* body which, if abortion was illegal, would have to be changed as she would have to follow through with the pregnancy or have a backstreet abortion
Original post by BtbOz
There is a huge difference between ~people~ and ~foetus'~. So you're sole argument is to compare between people and something which is not a person. Yet you don't take into account the woman and her body *her* body which, if abortion was illegal, would have to be changed as she would have to follow through with the pregnancy or have a backstreet abortion

It's also not taking into account the foetus itself, what sort of lifestyle will it have?
Give it up for adoption I hear you cry, but just how feasible is that as an ongoing concern, 200k+per year abortions in the UK alone, who will house all these children?
What some wish for would be to condemn many women to a life that they don't want or to condemn a great amount of children to a life of feeling unloved and unwanted.
Original post by BtbOz

So you've abandoned your nonsense about chances of survival? Now your argument is 'they're hugely different because I say so' .
Of course I take into account the woman's body but preventing changes to her body doesn't come close to outweighing a life.
the law should be separate from religion. any one with a uterus deserves a choice.
Original post by nintysixthousand
the law should be separate from religion. any one with a uterus deserves a choice.

Are you arguing that all pregnant women should have the option of an abortion, for any reason at all or none? I'd be surprised if that is the case anywhere in the world.
That’s great. As for Derby, i don't think so. Forest fans will cry.

https://youtu.be/ZXIK-TPlO2A

I was really hoping that you would forget.

Well done to Villa. :congrats:
I was really hoping that you would forget.

Well done to Villa. :congrats:

Hahaha, not a chance.
I'd say I'm happy for villa, but I'm not 😉
Hahaha, not a chance.
I'd say I'm happy for villa, but I'm not 😉

Why? They won fair.
Why? They won fair.

I know, but I'm insanely jealous! Lol
I know, but I'm insanely jealous! Lol

Lol. Fair. I agree. Apparently they got £170 million in prize money.
Pro-choice. Always. Pro-life, in my opinion is ridiculous. Up til a certain age the fetus isn’t formed enough to have a heart beat etc. So how can it be “murder” if they have no heart beat? Would you call someone a murder if they shot a piece of meat from the supermarket?

A family friend had an abortion, and the decision wasn’t taken lightly. Her and her partner discussed it and they ultimately decided they weren’t financially where they wanted to be when they had a child nor did they own their home solely. This was the best choice for them and I believe they made the right choice. It’s not fair that other people they most likely haven’t been in the same situation as them get to decide laws.

People who are raped shouldn’t be made to carry the child. Nor should other women, no matter the circumstances. It’s our bodies and our choice. In some pregnancies it’s recommended they get an abortion, so are we going to ban that too? When it could put the mother in danger or the child will have severe complications.

If I got pregnant and I didn’t want to have a child, I would want to be able to consider abortion. Although I know you could put them up for adoption, I don’t want to carry the child for 9 months when I didn’t want a child to begin with.

Accident happen. I would much rather abortion be an option rather than the child being mistreated or left at a hospital entrance or whatever.
I often wonder why there is such a strong lobby that attacks anyone who feels that abortion might be a bit cruel/violent. There's a valid debate to be had around this subject.
Lol. Fair. I agree. Apparently they got £170 million in prize money.

Yep, better than going to Direby I guess.
Yep, better than going to Direby I guess.

Lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending