The Student Room Group

haha im going to fail my english lit

im doing macbeth, jekyll and hyde, an inspector calls, and the power and conflict poetry anthology. i haven't revised as much as i should've and im doing this paper a year early. any tips or predictions?
How come you're doing them a year early? Just curious
Revise the main themes for each text
heya, ik idek who you are but since we're in the same boat, if you'd find me on instagram @amy.shian.tang I'll send you my whole annotated power & conflict anthology and whatever else i have x
Original post by kashoot me
im doing macbeth, jekyll and hyde, an inspector calls, and the power and conflict poetry anthology. i haven't revised as much as i should've and im doing this paper a year early. any tips or predictions?
Reply 3
Think we're in the same boat with school making us do English Lit in Year 10! What did you get in your mock if you did one?
Reply 4
I don't even do literature, I'm just here to say I love your name
good luck though!
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 5
Do you have any on Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde and Macbeth
Original post by osoanonnimuss
heya, ik idek who you are but since we're in the same boat, if you'd find me on instagram @amy.shian.tang I'll send you my whole annotated power & conflict anthology and whatever else i have x
Reply 6
hi im an alevel english student and i did exactly what you did at GCSE apart from power in poetry and i got a 7 even though i didnt have a teacher all year:smile: What saved me is: Mr.Bruff youtube channel - watch ALL his videos on your topics and make notes, then transfer them onto flashcards & memorise. Also, you dont need to learn all poems if you learn 6 i think it was then either way you have at least one to compare the other poem too& you only need to learn about 4 quotes per poem as long as you can explain them in detail you will be fine :smile:
hey i figured out the questions to my mocks because i new we were doing last years paper. in english i got two 9s and two 6s
Original post by twahaa
Think we're in the same boat with school making us do English Lit in Year 10! What did you get in your mock if you did one?
dm me on insta - i have macbeth which i can find for u later x
Original post by Roba120
Do you have any on Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde and Macbeth
Reply 9
Original post by twahaa

I got a 6 in my first set of mocks and a 7 in the last ones I did.
Reply 10
my school thinks its a good idea to do the English lit a year early, so there's less to worry about next year, which is true, but my whole year group is not prepared
Original post by Hazzabear
How come you're doing them a year early? Just curious
Revise the main themes for each text
Reply 11

watch stacey reay on youtube and take notes!
anyone doing a Christmas carol and Romeo and Juliet?
same here lol

Reply 14
you revised? because the only revision im doing is now and oml I am so unprepared.
Original post by annonymous01
same here lol
Reply 15
Original post by osoanonnimuss
hey i figured out the questions to my mocks because i new we were doing last years paper. in english i got two 9s and two 6s

That's really good - I didn't even know we were doing last year's paper for mocks but it's probably for the better because it probably shows my current ability with taking on a unknown question. I got an 8 in Paper 1 and a 6 (I think) in my Paper 2 but that was at the beginning of the year before I had developed a better writing style.
Reply 16
I got a 6 in my first set of mocks and a 7 in the last ones I did.

That's really good! I think you said that you've only started revising now so if you got that without revision, then I think you'll do alright :biggrin: At the moment, I'm just planning questions and refining my writing style because I'd rather focus on getting it down on paper than absorbing content :tongue:
Reply 17
Original post by zendracula
anyone doing a Christmas carol and Romeo and Juliet?

I am - what do you think the questions will be on?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending