The Student Room Group

2019 AQA GCSE Biology Combined Science Higher - 14th May 2019

Scroll to see replies

yeah but they could have at lease used and example in the course
Original post by Billy silly
It mentioned what beta blockers were so you had to assume and use the table given with and without beta blockers
Original post by Qwer :)
Ok combined lads, how did it go
@Homer

Reasonable
Reply 42
Where.
Were.
The.
Required .
Practicals??????????
Original post by qwer :)
ok combined lads, how did it go
@homer
hahahaha it was such a pathetic paper
so much to learn only to get tested on practical skills 😭😩
Original post by lucayah
I just looked through the cgp guide there isnt even anything about beta blockers tf?????

They explained what a beta blocker is in the paper. They also provided the table for the 6 marker. So overall it was one of the easier 6 markers
Reply 45
One 4 marker on microscopy
enzyme ph?
no
osmosis?
no
food tests?
1 mark
Rate of photosynthesis?
no

Original post by ahb386
Where.
Were.
The.
Required .
Practicals??????????
Reply 46
Idek what that test was. Foxglove and willow what the ****s that. So stupid. All i know is chemistry and physics better be easier
Original post by Billy silly
It mentioned what beta blockers were so you had to assume and use the table given with and without beta blockers

i used to table to look at the cardiovascular rate or something?? i assumed that meant how much blood was pumping around your body and consequently how much oxygen
Original post by lucayah
I just looked through the cgp guide there isnt even anything about beta blockers tf?????

I legit guessed that question, searched it as soon as I got out and thank fully was on the right lines
is there a foundation thread?
dont know but everyone here is higher
Original post by LuxuriousAngel
is there a foundation thread?
Reply 51
Im so pissed about how "easy" triple sciences exam was when ours was impossible like what da ****
no questions that require a normal amount of revision... only common sense/practical skills and impossible questions
it's beacuse they give you senarios where you have to apply the knowledge you know to any senario they give you i found the six marker easy though
Soooooo true, I only knew what it was cause one of my friends took it for anti-stress
I ****ed up the microscope question. I multiplied 43000 by 50 instead of dividing to get real size. But u guys think I will get atleast 1 mark for converting 43 millimeters into 43000 micrometers?
yeah I did that well... you will probably get a mark
Original post by sonu2003
I ****ed up the microscope question. I multiplied 43000 by 50 instead of dividing to get real size. But u guys think I will get atleast 1 mark for converting 43 millimeters into 43000 micrometers?
Is no one gonna talk about the fact that culturing is only a triple science topic??
yeah I did that well... you will probably get a mark

So what was the answer? I got 50🙁
Reply 58
someone give me the answer they got for the 10x and 50x microscope super BS question

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending