The Student Room Group

I have 116 shares of Apple, AMA.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by idk01
- when did you buy the shares and for how much
- what is your annual salary
- what is your job

I'm a PhD student. I've been buying since 2015, around £24,000. The first purchase was for around $113. I bought some more today at $181.
Original post by maachu_pichuu
Well that would depend on the earnings per share in 2017495924 years time and the P/E multiple the market attaches to it trying to predict future earnings growth.

Did I say I was going to answer the question? LOL.
I guess it's a way of trying to extort more money out of the customer, it's good for shareholders, but morally wrong.
Reply 23
you come from a fairly well off background or do you just have a job that you use to buy the shares? also, if you sold all your shares today, do you know how much profit you'd make?
I'm a PhD student. I've been buying since 2015, around £24,000. The first purchase was for around $113. I bought some more today at $181.
Original post by londonmyst
Would you ever buy an apple warranty, iphone, ipad or mac pc?

I have a macbook pro, ipad pro and iphone x. I love apple products, but they cost so much. So I just buy the shares instead.
lol its coming up in paper 2, they are going to include compound intrest and VAT on it.

Original post by RazzzBerries
You might end up in my maths exam tomorrow.

OP has 116 shares of Apple. Calculate how much they’ll make in 2017495924 years.

:colonhash:
Original post by idk01
you come from a fairly well off background or do you just have a job that you use to buy the shares? also, if you sold all your shares today, do you know how much profit you'd make?

Yes you could say my family is well off, but all these shares I bought with money I saved up from side jobs and phd bursary. I would get 116 x $184 = $21,334. Profit wise it must be around $3000
Original post by salimyasin10
lol its coming up in paper 2, they are going to include compound intrest and VAT on it.

Judging how shady Edexcel have been so far, I wouldn’t be surprised if they jumped us with something like this lolol
Reply 28
aren't you worried about apple going downhill? really considering selling my shares
I have a macbook pro, ipad pro and iphone x. I love apple products, but they cost so much. So I just buy the shares instead.

I avoid all apple products, screens are very fragile and the charger port far too prone to cracking.
Original post by aaaaa77
aren't you worried about apple going downhill? really considering selling my shares

Apple is a cult. I'll have a look after 20 years if I want to sell.
how do you buy shares?
Original post by unexpecteduk
how do you buy shares?

On the stock market, through a broker. Apple is listed on the nasdaq stock exchange in the US.
I got a piggy back from my friend it fell on the floor and smashed on the first attempt. My LG which has a glass back has not once shattered and it's fallen on the floor multiple times.
Original post by londonmyst
I avoid all apple products, screens are very fragile and the charger port far too prone to cracking.
lol, how much did you ask for?

50k https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5902214

lol, I would have to liquidate 60% of my portfolio to give you 50k.
I think you should seeing as it's possible! They say caring is sharing. @_thestudent33 gimme a 25% cut pls
lol, I would have to liquidate 60% of my portfolio to give you 50k.
at what price did you buy
Original post by No_Coke_Only_Ice
at what price did you buy

First bought at $113, I bought 16 shares today at $181 because of a market sell off.
Where's your revenue growth going to come from? Iphones are going to be produced at a loss, jacking prices up in the near term. And Apple is paying $30,000,000 a month to Amazon for cloud services. I think Apple has a strong brand in the near term, but im not bullish on a 20 yr period. I would look to tech firms with a cloud offering. Google, Amazon are far better positioned in that time horizon.
Dunno man, planning to hold for the next 20 years.

Quick Reply

Latest