The Student Room Group

GCSE AQA Physics triple science mark scheme 22nd May 2019

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
The mass one was 15 degrees * specific latent heat. Then 5848/the answer to the previous answer then that’s the mass. It was 5 marks as they presented us with a plethora of options
Original post by Kierantowers12
How do you do the mass one I didnt know what to do so I made an equation the equaled 5848J and got 0.09 but Ik it’s wrong

I rearranged the equations to equal mass, set them equal then subbed stuff in and eventually got to simultaneous equations that I solved for the energies but I feel like there must have been an easier way :lol:
Reply 22
You didn’t have to work out the actual mass did you ?
Original post by Jsm4902
Omfg for the mass of the ice cube I screwed up and didn’t realise the question was in the physics equation sheet which was e=ml 😰😰 still think o got 92/100 thou
Original post by Kierantowers12
How do you do the mass one I didnt know what to do so I made an equation the equaled 5848J and got 0.09 but Ik it’s wrong

You work out the energy transfered to heat 15°C and to melt, but in terms of the mass. Then divide the actual energy 5848J by the co-effecient of the mass to get the value of the mass.
Did anyone else get 0.016kg for the mass one?
harddddd
Original post by Jsm4902
How did everyone find the triple science paper
Reply 26
Wb the question where if an electric battery not in use how can you use it for electricity
Reply 27
Generally how was the paper overall
Original post by imogen28
I rearranged the equations to equal mass, set them equal then subbed stuff in and eventually got to simultaneous equations that I solved for the energies but I feel like there must have been an easier way :lol:

Yeah you didn’t need to do that. Just work out the energy needed to melt the ice and to heat it by 15°C in terms of the mass.

So I got (365,500 * Mass)J = 5848J.

So 5848/365500 = 0.016KG
(edited 4 years ago)
Yess i got that using a different method so its valid whatever method u do as long as its the right answer
I got 0.016kg for the mass of the ice cube one (8.4) but I used simultaneous equations so I feel like there has to be an easier way
Original post by yay2202
Specific heat question with two equationsu neededto combine anyone?

I got 0.2
Ping
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 32
For the lawnmower current question I got 7.5
Using P=I^2 x R
Original post by Jsm4902
The mass one was 15 degrees * specific latent heat. Then 5848/the answer to the previous answer then that’s the mass. It was 5 marks as they presented us with a plethora of options

Nah you had to work out the energy to heat the ice by 15°C too as that was included in the 5848J
Original post by rf14
It said they travelled at the same speed so I jus put how the electric car would have to stop to charge the car for 10 minutes to charge the battery enough to travel the last 100km

Same fam
Ahh I got 0.017 kg for the ice cube one as I just used the E = mL equation as I thought it was a change in state. I got 120 ohms for the resistance one, and 2x10^6 for the cube mass one. Did anyone get the same?
Grade boundaries for 60-65 marks ?
Original post by yay2202
Specific heat question with two equationsu neededto combine anyone?

0.016kg
I got 0.016kg for the mass of the ice cube one (8.4) but I used simultaneous equations so I feel like there has to be an easier way

I got that but I just added the latent heat and shc together for 1 kilo and then divided the 5848 j by the sum of it and got 0.016 , pretty strange question tbh
Would you get all 5 marks for getting 0.016 with trial and error??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending