The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE 2019 power and conflict predictions????

does anyone have any predictions for the power and conflict poetry section on the english lit exam tommorow???
Something on the power of locations, the natural world or conflict between different identities/cultures.

Perhaps London, Emigree, Kamikaze
bayonet charge or charge of the light brigade or my last duchess
Bayonet Charge already came up recently
Original post by khadija.khatun
bayonet charge or charge of the light brigade or my last duchess
I think power of nature with storm on the island
Original post by Cira chapman
does anyone have any predictions for the power and conflict poetry section on the english lit exam tommorow???

It has to be something accessible (because everyone nedds to be able to answer the question - even people less 'gifted', shall we say) and looking at past papers, it probably won't be another war poem or another poem about power directly (because Ozymandias came up). Therefore the only other major theme is the power of nature, so I would recommend going over Storm On The Island, The Prelude, Kamikazee etc.
Reply 6
my brother works at AQA for English and RE. he has told me that the power of nature will be coming up alongside the poem Prelude so go over these poems and find context related. also he has told me that mr birling and age difference is also coming up
(edited 4 years ago)
R u 100% sure?!?! 😭😭
Original post by Bisxn
my brother works at AQA for English and RE. he has told me that the power of nature will be coming up alongside the poem Prelude so go over these poems and find context related. also he has told me that mr birling and age difference is also coming up
Reply 8
Original post by Nafisarahman
R u 100% sure?!?! 😭😭

hahahahaha
dont beleive me and revise for something that wont come up
Was that supposed to be sarcasm 😂 plz don’t confuse me
Original post by Bisxn
hahahahaha
i am the "less gifted" :smile:
Original post by Allons y Alonso
It has to be something accessible (because everyone nedds to be able to answer the question - even people less 'gifted', shall we say) and looking at past papers, it probably won't be another war poem or another poem about power directly (because Ozymandias came up). Therefore the only other major theme is the power of nature, so I would recommend going over Storm On The Island, The Prelude, Kamikazee etc.
Are you sure? I don’t believe this???
Original post by sdr981
Something on the power of locations, the natural world or conflict between different identities/cultures.

Perhaps London, Emigree, Kamikaze

Original post by Cira chapman
I think power of nature with storm on the island

Ew ew ew 😭
Ooh looking forward to it if it Storm on the Island, easy comparison with Ozymandias.

If its the prelude or Kamikaze I'll be good, because Storm on the island has some easy quotes for those comparisons.
Not so sure about Emigree, but I guess London has some nice ones for that comparison.
Original post by Nafisarahman
Was that supposed to be sarcasm 😂 plz don’t confuse me

Is this true?? Omds
Reply 15
I swear Storm on the Island was used as a specimen. Last year ozymandias was used from the specimen and i doubt they would use the specimen again.
Original post by samofcoding
Ooh looking forward to it if it Storm on the Island, easy comparison with Ozymandias.

If its the prelude or Kamikaze I'll be good, because Storm on the island has some easy quotes for those comparisons.
Not so sure about Emigree, but I guess London has some nice ones for that comparison.
whats ur insta
Original post by Bisxn
hahahahaha
Oh god i hope you are right ! The Prelude is one of my stronger poems, if i get that im golden! If not i'm so screwed !😂😭
So what did it turn out being - what are the chances of London coming up this year for 2020

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending