The Student Room Group

Stress,mental breakdown, can’t sleep

Right so basically I had a pretty bad mental breakdown today while I was revising, it just got to a point where everything cane on top of me from me overthinking to not understanding this stupid a level chemistry and everything just came on top of me and I flipped out

Idk a level chemistry is honestly doing my head in atm and so is biology a level because of how stingy the mark scheme is for past papers

It’s gotten to a point where I can’t sleep properly because I keep thinking I’m going to fail , does anyone have any tips I can use to avoid this happening before it destroys me , thanks
Probably doesn’t help either that my family think I’m a lost cause and my teachers don’t have that much faith either
honestly thinking negatively will just bring you down even more. Block out what everyone else might think and just try and put in as much effort as you can, that way you know you've done everything you could possibly do. Positive vibes you got this.
Hey friend,
I'm on my 23rd hour without sleep and just had a fat rant about hitler to my cat. Take a break - a bath, a power-nap, a walk, a tea? Just take a little bit of time to recharge. If it helps set alarms - 10 min break - hour work - 30 min walk - 30 min work - 20 min power nap
Original post by Ray_Shadows
Right so basically I had a pretty bad mental breakdown today while I was revising, it just got to a point where everything cane on top of me from me overthinking to not understanding this stupid a level chemistry and everything just came on top of me and I flipped out

Idk a level chemistry is honestly doing my head in atm and so is biology a level because of how stingy the mark scheme is for past papers

It’s gotten to a point where I can’t sleep properly because I keep thinking I’m going to fail , does anyone have any tips I can use to avoid this happening before it destroys me , thanks
Hey! Don’t worry, hope you’re okay. Take some deep breaths, remember no exam will define who you are. Just take a step back from it all, and a break too. DM me if you need to talk.
Reply 5
A levels are the worst in terms of stress. But certainly not worth damaging your mental health over.Chemistry is notoriously difficult so you certainly not the only one struggling with it right now.Try not being so hard on yourself. At the end of the day you can only do your best and if it all did go wrong there are other paths you can take to achieve your ambitions.
Probably doesn’t help either that my family think I’m a lost cause and my teachers don’t have that much faith either

Original post by Scotney
A levels are the worst in terms of stress. But certainly not worth damaging your mental health over.Chemistry is notoriously difficult so you certainly not the only one struggling with it right now.Try not being so hard on yourself. At the end of the day you can only do your best and if it all did go wrong there are other paths you can take to achieve your ambitions.

Original post by JMR2019.
Hey! Don’t worry, hope you’re okay. Take some deep breaths, remember no exam will define who you are. Just take a step back from it all, and a break too. DM me if you need to talk.

Original post by Avogadrocado
Hey friend,
I'm on my 23rd hour without sleep and just had a fat rant about hitler to my cat. Take a break - a bath, a power-nap, a walk, a tea? Just take a little bit of time to recharge. If it helps set alarms - 10 min break - hour work - 30 min walk - 30 min work - 20 min power nap

Original post by haleema_m
honestly thinking negatively will just bring you down even more. Block out what everyone else might think and just try and put in as much effort as you can, that way you know you've done everything you could possibly do. Positive vibes you got this.

Sorry for the long replies everyone , but thank you all for the advice given and I did end up taking more breaks and going outside more and its really helped alot , so thank you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest