The Student Room Group

Getting through final semester

Do any graduates have any advice on how to get through the last semester before graduation?
I'm exhausted.
Original post by Anonymous #1
Do any graduates have any advice on how to get through the last semester before graduation?
I'm exhausted.

Anon,

You might need to take some time to rest. A day or two to just switch off from things, or to get your head together so that you can put things in perspective and can prioritise what needs to be done, when and how. It is a stressful time and it can feel like there is a lot of pressure and that it's all out of your hands, but all you can do is your best, and that's always enough you can't give more than that!

If you want to give your best you do need to look after yourself, so if you need to catch on sleep, do, and then get back into your normal sleep routine. If you're not sleeping then think about what you can do to relieve the stress, go for a run or a swim (and if you think you don't have time to do this, you do!). Remember exercise will get your endorphins going so you will feel better, it will get oxygen and glucose moving round your body quicker so it will improve your concentration levels and you will most probably sleep better. It's better to spend time during the day swimming or running than spending hours awake at night, as the saying goes a healthy body is a healthy mind. If you need to start eating properly, and you have been living off chips then find some quick but nutritional meals to eat.

I have previously studied before and the final year goes so quickly and can be so stressful because you know everything is about to change, so you are dealing with future stress (literally) and trying to 'enjoy' the rest of uni while thinking about what needs to be done.

It's not easy, but it's nearly over.

Think ahead.

Keep your eyes on the prize you're nearly there : )!

Oluwatosin 3rd year student University of Huddersfield
Hi,

Last semester of University can be and is extremely stressful so it is okay to feel this way, but what is also okay is taking time for yourself, and that is the most important part. Looking after yourself will in return help you with your studies as detailed in the reply above.

If you plan out your time you can then see what time you have to rest and concentrate on yourself without feeling guilty that you're not studying enough when you actually are! Obviously don't be too harsh on yourself just listen to what your body needs and you will be rewarded with easier concentration during study time.

Just do your best and I'm sure you have got this, just make sure you turn off your work mode when you need to and stay healthy mentally too.

Hope this helps and I wish you the best of luck!

Kind regards,
Katie F (Film Graduate)
University of Wolverhampton

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending