The Student Room Group

Two BTEC subjects at A levels?

I've applied to a sixth form to do Drama, Health and social care and Psychology. However, recently the course for drama has changed and I would be doing BTEC performing arts as well as the original BTEC health and social care. I need all these subjects ideally, as I would like to become a creative therapist. I've applied to another sixth form as well, and I would be doing Geography, Drama and Psychology. Is it worth doing two BTECs at A-levels or would it just be best to study 3 A levels(including a facilitating subject) at this other sixth form?? Please help!!
Original post by .Coco.
I've applied to a sixth form to do Drama, Health and social care and Psychology. However, recently the course for drama has changed and I would be doing BTEC performing arts as well as the original BTEC health and social care. I need all these subjects ideally, as I would like to become a creative therapist. I've applied to another sixth form as well, and I would be doing Geography, Drama and Psychology. Is it worth doing two BTECs at A-levels or would it just be best to study 3 A levels(including a facilitating subject) at this other sixth form?? Please help!!

I think having the health and social care could be more relevant to creative therapy so i'd lean towards the two btec option
Don’t think about if they are btech or a level it doesn’t matter. Do the ones that are best for your future. I think the two btechs are better, also they should have practical elements
Reply 3
Yeah, I agree because it's hands on which is what creative therapy is. Thank you!
Original post by claireestelle
I think having the health and social care could be more relevant to creative therapy so i'd lean towards the two btec option
Reply 4
Okay. Do unis not care about BTECs instead of A levels now? Thank You!
Original post by Skycloud
Don’t think about if they are btech or a level it doesn’t matter. Do the ones that are best for your future. I think the two btechs are better, also they should have practical elements
Original post by .Coco.
Okay. Do unis not care about BTECs instead of A levels now? Thank You!

Unless u want to get into a uni like Oxford or Cambridge, they don’t care. It’s more about experience and what u have learnt. The uni just wants to know that ur doing the right course and that u will perform well for them
Reply 6
Okay, thank you so much!! This has really helped!
Original post by Skycloud
Unless u want to get into a uni like Oxford or Cambridge, they don’t care. It’s more about experience and what u have learnt. The uni just wants to know that ur doing the right course and that u will perform well for them

Quick Reply

Latest