The Student Room Group

2 BTECs 1 A-level - Psychology at LJMU

I do 2 BTECs and 1 A-level
BTEC applied psychology
BTEC health and social care
A-level sociology

I wish to study psychology and am thinking of applying here, but i don’t know if my subjects qualify to even apply as I study 2 BTECs. Would LJMU accept me with my subjects to do psychology so I know whether to apply there or not? Thanks
(edited 5 months ago)
Original post by alzvx
I do 2 BTECs and 1 A-level
BTEC applied psychology
BTEC health and social care
A-level sociology

I wish to study psychology and am thinking of applying here, but i don’t know if my subjects qualify to even apply as I study 2 BTECs. Would LJMU accept me with my subjects to do psychology so I know whether to apply there or not? Thanks

Unfortunately, LJMU don't make it very clear. They say here that for their BSc (Hons) Psychology course they accept "Extended Diploma: DDM", but make no mention of BTEC Extended Certificates (of which you have two).

The fact that they say, "Grades/points required from qualifications: BBB-ABB (120-128)" - i.e. they quote their entry requirements both in terms of A level grades and UCAS points - suggests that they might allow you to mix and match different types of qualifications.

The only way to be sure is to contact their admissions team at 0151 231 5090 / [email protected] or via their prospective student enquiries form.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending