The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Em060715
They have just told me they are unable to reveal the cut off until after the application process has been completed..

fab thanks x
Reply 21
Wonder what the cut off will be...I didn't apply with 2900 and instead applied to A100.....I really hope I made the right decision. I think more people sat the UCAT this year though the mean is about the same.....

Good luck to everyone that applied.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Snake64
Wonder what the cut off will be...I didn't apply with 2900 and instead applied to A100.....I really hope I made the right decision. I think more people say UCAT this year though the mean is about the same.....

Good luck to everyone that applied.

It’s just luck on what of those scores are grads applying to a101. To be honest if you can afford the undergrad course it’s not a bad option, lots of grads do it and i think I’d really value going at the slower pace (Newcastle GEM is one of the fastest paced courses)
I have just had an email with an interview invite! I have chosen the 18th december

Good luck everyone!!
Just got an interview!! UCAT 2930, booked for 9th December 2pm x
Very happy to answer any questions if anyone has any
Interview 12th December!!! UCAT 2930. Any prep tip for MMI? Absolutely bricking it. Haven’t had an interview for about 4 years!! (I cant update the spreadsheet myself for someone reason but I can see someone added me, I also have a 2:1 degree but have been working in medical devices for a number of years so my degree may not have been considered in the same way as a recent graduate)
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by blackagnes
Rejection via UCAS this afternoon. No explanation given, just a notification on my dashboard, but I knew my UCAT, 2730, was much too low for them (I had no other options to put down, so thought I might as well try my luck).

Update: there's now a letter linked to the update, where it says "Failed to meet UCAT threshold".

I got 2740. I should expect my rejection soon.😁
Reply 28
Just received an invitation to interview with UCAT 2990!
Just got a Track notification saying my UCAT was too low: I kind of knew that anyway with 2790, but like @blackagnes had a spare option and thought I'd try my luck seeing as I really liked the look of the course and the city when I visited a few months back. Holding out for some better news from Warwick next week; best of luck to everyone who's got interviews!
Reply 30
My track has updated, UCAT of 2860 was below the threshold.
Reply 31
Original post by Mum.ac
My track has updated, UCAT of 2860 was below the threshold.

Ah my UCAT is 2890, so I’m probably below the threshold too.

Good luck with your other options!
i wanted somewhere to ask about this stuff
Reply 33
Hi all,I got a UCAT of 3030 band 1 so quite confident of getting an interview but haven't heard anything yet. i rang up last month to ask when they would be - was told the december batch of interviews were between the 9th and the 20th - is this what others have heard? is it also correct that we get 2 weeks notice? also people who have got interviews , do they give you a specific date or is there a range of dates to choose? and do they reimburse travel expenses ? if i am not given much notice the train ticket will be pretty expensive ..
Original post by gem2020
Hi all,I got a UCAT of 3030 band 1 so quite confident of getting an interview but haven't heard anything yet. i rang up last month to ask when they would be - was told the december batch of interviews were between the 9th and the 20th - is this what others have heard? is it also correct that we get 2 weeks notice? also people who have got interviews , do they give you a specific date or is there a range of dates to choose? and do they reimburse travel expenses ? if i am not given much notice the train ticket will be pretty expensive ..

Hi hello, like you said - i wouldn't worry, you seem well over the threshold. I had an interview with 2930. As per Newcastle's emails and websites the interviews are sent in batches so I wouldn't fret. To answer your question, there were a list of dates and we could pick from that.
Reply 35
Original post by gem2020

I didn't call up, but I have stalked last years threads to confirm, as thebiomedblonde mentioned, that the interviews are sent out in seemingly random batches. The space in between the first and last invites were weeks apart.

I doubt they reimburse travel expenses.
Reply 36
Had an email sitting in my spam mail since 15:30. Woops.
Kind of rubbish that all the later times are taken despite receiving a later invite.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 37
thanks - also when you get an invite, does it show up as an update on UCAS track or is it only on email ? still havent heard anything on either , so im assuming i am in the January interviews batch ...
Original post by gem2020
thanks - also when you get an invite, does it show up as an update on UCAS track or is it only on email ? still havent heard anything on either , so im assuming i am in the January interviews batch ...

Only email for me. You’ll hear if you’re in the jan batch in a week or two
Reply 39
Original post by Antibiotics
Only email for me. You’ll hear if you’re in the jan batch in a week or two

damn - hope it doesnt get lost in junk mail then .
and i have just called up and apparently all the invites are sent for december dates. They will start sending invites for 13th -24th january on around the
19th December.

Latest

Trending

Trending