The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Durham 2020 Applicants

I can't be the only one who is already thinking about applying to Durham! Post here to discuss open days, entry requirements, courses, colleges, and anything else.

Scroll to see replies

Hey! You're certainly not, I'm planning on applying to Durham as my first choice to study Psychology next year, and am really excited! What subject are you looking at?
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 2
Hi! Nice to hear from you - Pyschology is a great subject.

As long as Results Day goes according to plan, since I'm applying post-results, I'm hoping to apply for Liberal Arts, with a view to taking modules in English Lit, Theology, and maybe Classics or a language.

Have you chosen a college yet?
Reply 3
Hi! I'm definitely going to be applying to Durham. I'm applying for Maths, and I went to the open day today. College wise; not completely sure yet, but I quite liked Grey and Collingwood when I looked round today.
Reply 4
Original post by mimi7167
Hi! I'm definitely going to be applying to Durham. I'm applying for Maths, and I went to the open day today. College wise; not completely sure yet, but I quite liked Grey and Collingwood when I looked round today.

Wow! Like lots of people who gave up Maths a long time ago, I'm always rather in awe of mathematicians. :wink:

I'm not sure if I can get to an open day before applying, so I might have to choose a college without visiting it. (I know I love the city of Durham since I have relatives nearby and have visited it before, so that aspect isn't an issue.) I'm only considering self-catered ones, which narrows my options to St. Cuthbert's, Josephine Butler, John Snow and Castle. I would like to live somewhere fairly peaceful and close to nature, which is apparently the case for the Parson's Field Site at St. Cuth's, so maybe I'll go for that.
Reply 5
I'll probably be applying to Durham in 2020 for my masters! Currently studying at Glasgow but I'm from Durham and I'd like to be closer to home
I’m gonna apply to Durham as my first choice!

Course: law
College: st Mary’s
Other unis I’m applying to: Bristol, Nottingham, Birmingham/Manchester, Exeter
A level predicted: A*A*A*
GCSE: 99A*A*A*77AAB
(edited 4 years ago)
Anybody applying for maths?
Original post by Meowgi256
Anybody applying for maths?

Yep! :smile:
Hey!

I'm applying for theoretical physics, hoping to go to John snow college

predicted grades are A*s in maths, further maths, physics and chemistry

GCSEs are 9999999888A^
Hi!

If I am to get an offer, Durham will likely be my firm.

Course: English
College: Hatfield
Also applying to: St Andrew’s, King’s College London and Newcastle
Predicted grades: A*AA
Currently studying: A level English Literature, A level English Language and A level Media Studies with an online school
Reply 11
Hi!!
I applied for Archaeology and Ancient Civilisations, and I'm hoping to go to Collingwood. I'm American and we don't have A levels or GCSEs, but I have what is equivalent to A*A*A* for grades. Durham has a lot of appeal for me as an international student and if I get an offer, it will definitely be my firm.
Reply 12
Original post by awkwardpenguin22
Hi!

If I am to get an offer, Durham will likely be my firm.

Course: English
College: Hatfield
Also applying to: St Andrew’s, King’s College London and Newcastle
Predicted grades: A*AA
Currently studying: A level English Literature, A level English Language and A level Media Studies with an online school

Original post by leahwin
Hi!!
I applied for Archaeology and Ancient Civilisations, and I'm hoping to go to Collingwood. I'm American and we don't have A levels or GCSEs, but I have what is equivalent to A*A*A* for grades. Durham has a lot of appeal for me as an international student and if I get an offer, it will definitely be my firm.

Hi! I'm applying for Liberal Arts, planning to major in English and probably take modules in Ancient Civilisations :smile: I'm also home-schooled like @awkwardpenguin22, so we have some things in common.

Where are you two at with personal statements?
Original post by Gwil
Hi! I'm applying for Liberal Arts, planning to major in English and probably take modules in Ancient Civilisations :smile: I'm also home-schooled like @awkwardpenguin22, so we have some things in common.

I sent off my application last week, I’d been working on my personal statement since May...I was very eager to get it done!
Reply 14
Original post by Gwil

I finished my personal statement a few weeks ago and sent off the application about a week and a half ago.
Hello :^) I'm applying for Earth Sciences at Trevelyan because I've heard its the musical college aha. I sent my application off last friday, but I'm not exactly sure if it will be my firm choice as the course doesn't have a year abroad. I'm also applying to Imperial, Manchester, Oxford and Bristol.
Reply 16
Any offers received yet? :smile:
Reply 17
Hey there, international student applying for Law at St. Chad's - sent off my application on Monday. Good luck people! Fingers crossed :smile:
Has anyone who applied near the deadline received acknowledgement yet?
Original post by Anonymous
Has anyone who applied near the deadline received acknowledgement yet?

yesss, I received acknowledgement the day after sending my application on the 15th

Quick Reply

Latest