The Student Room Group

Celtic F.C

Scroll to see replies

My predictions:

Home wins against V and Aalborg.
Hope for draw at home with Man U.
Away win at Aalborg.

Can't seeing it being any different from that really but who knows two class acts and one unknown quanity.

Ain't the best but certainly not the worst.
Reply 181
Looks like itll be the pub for me then! I wasnt in Manchester last time we went down to the Swamp, where did all all the celtic fans drink?

We'll be welcomed anyway as the better half of glasgow!
Reply 182
Celtic_Anthony
Murder, I used to get them all the time as a Celtic One member. Now there are no ticket perks and it is all season ticket holders only. I absolutely hate it, I work weekends and go to every game I can, including pissing wet week-nights against Falkirk, yet can't go 'cos a ST is not an option.

To be fair, it's wise marketing from Celtic, I'm forgetting it's a business and not a football club anymore.

Why does the club want more ST holders anyway? it's already got 53K:mad:

If you get to that many league games, surely a season book would be a good investment anyway?
TOSCS
If you get to that many league games, surely a season book would be a good investment anyway?

Nah, it wouldn't 'cos it's all weeknights and whenever I get a day off, which isn't often. Those that go to every game are obv. more deserving than me, but the club keeps cutting benefits for non-STs in order to force us to buy STs or miss out. That annoys me. It won't when I graduate and get a Mon-Fri 9-5 job- this thought keeps me sane:biggrin:
Reply 184
Official fixtures are here.

Double header against United looks dodgy.
Reply 185
Villareal will be tough guys. How is Crosas doing btw?
Reply 186
Barça
Villareal will be tough guys. How is Crosas doing btw?

Came on as a sub on Saturday against Falkirk. Looked not bad. Can pick out some great passes.

P.S. - I'm just thankful we're not in your group.
Reply 187
AndyK67
Came on as a sub on Saturday against Falkirk. Looked not bad. Can pick out some great passes.

P.S. - I'm just thankful we're not in your group.

Yeah me too. Hate playing against clubs I like :yy:
Reply 188
Barça
Yeah me too. Hate playing against clubs I like :yy:

Nothing to do with that. Just the facts that;

1) We played Barca and Shakhtar last season, and have played in Lisbon in the past 2.
2) The teams in that group have a good chance of anything happening.
Reply 189
Just booked a flight from Shannon to Manchester on the Sunday for €17 inc insurance :smile: Anyone flying from Ireland: Go on the Sunday/Monday for pennies. Coming back is a bit of a different story though.
Dr John Reid is Chairman of Celtic :toofunny:

I was telling my Dad "This guy looks like John Reid..don't think it's him though" :laugh:
Reply 191

:smile:
Reply 192
is that photoshopped?
Reply 193
Jim-ie
is that photoshopped?

lol no it's my shirt
Reply 194
Was gonna say it looks lopsided! But very nice :wink:
Reply 195
lol what dya mean lopsided? I guess it's not flat against my back so it looks a little uneven.

I'll be taking that up to Glasgow instead of my other top...
Reply 196
Thats why I asked if it was photoshopped :biggrin: thought you put it on yourself but if its real then it wouldnt be lop sided because its part of the shirt.

Other shirt is simple truth mate :wink: I dunno I never ever get printing on my shirt for some reason, it feels weird.
Reply 197
Read on TC about getting tickets for the united end beside the celtic end for the match at the swamp and apparently a lot of our support do it. Was thinking about it but might not bother, sounds dodgy. Don't want cornered by a bunch of fat baldy men in red shirts.
Reply 198
Fuggin pathetic
Cant believe it - should have pumped them.

Saying that two goals - wonder strike and Boruc's slip up, though avoidable, were just one offs. The big man is allowed a slip up now and again and nothing could stopped that 30yrd strike.

Can't believe JVoH get a caird. Stupid **** and I hope GS is gonna batter him for being an eejit.

McGeady, from watching on the telly, just takes it too far. Too much showoff step overs and cut backs. Just get the ball in the fookin' box. It pisses me off because he could have them all for breakfast.

Sam and Shaun - alright, there's no doubt that they work, they had quite a few chances but just wasn't happening.

Robson should have started. When he came on he got fired right into them.

Well done Naka - he got a a load of heavy go at him but he stood up well to it and delivered nice goal.

Shame it happened against the gers but it means jack this early on.

We're in Europe and have bigger fish to fry.

Quick Reply

Latest