The Student Room Group

Celtic F.C

Scroll to see replies

Colonel Brusnahan
Yeah, he shows a couple of good touches, but then does something idiotic like turning the wrong way straight into a defender. Can't see him lasting much longer, he's the last of the Strachan strikers left...

Mmm, Keane might need a bit more time to get the shooting down. As it usually happens with loans, if he plays really well, he'll go back to Tottenham and try to get a starting position.

Dark Side are losing 1-0 last time I checked. Comeback's on.

I think Samaras is just too slow a thinker, everything else is there (apart from a wayward pass). My real pet hate is when he runs away from goal for 20/30yds because he can't think fast enough to slip the ball/himself past a defender.

Agree about Keane, he'll also be feeling the weight of expectation and need to get a goal (one at home, from open play) to settle the nerves maybe.

See above, the referee gave the bastards their usual helping hand. Although, the comeback is on.
BBC Radio Scotland Team:
-Motherwell better team.
-The goal was onside, without a shadow of a doubt.

Craig Brown now saying he doesn't want to make a fuss of the decision, he's on the side of the officials, they're only human, it evens itself out, yadda yadda yadda. Just waiting on him saying the match was a victory for Orangism...
Eight points difference. They're slipping. Hopefully all their cup games from now on end with a replay needed :colonhash:
'Well player on the 6 yard line, behind the ball, as he begins his run to finish (he is the furthest away in the box). The linesman has a clear view and will see the eventual scorer running across his vision from behind where the ball was played.

That's why we're paranoid...
******* pish.
Good win today!

Need to keep this up and go on a winning streak!

As for the Sammy abuse, well, it still continues!

Give the guy a ******* break! Had he been on for 90 minutes and not scored from the same chances that Keane missed, he would have probably been booed!
judicious
Good win today!

Give the guy a ******* break! Had he been on for 90 minutes and not scored from the same chances that Keane missed, he would have probably been booed!
I'm not abusing him, but he a)doesn't merit a place before Rasmussen (especially the way we were lined up when he came on) and b)has some obvious flaws in his game that he'll need to fix if he's to merit another contract. He is young, he can improve and he does show flashes of being a good player.

As you've said, we need to keep this up! Certainly all falling into place now, though.

Can't believe the night that we win and they don't I'm livid because an official has yet again shown his true colours. We won't hear a peep about it either.
judicious
Good win today!

It's not abuse, it's just frustrating as I expect more from him. He was on fire last season before his injury.

And yeah, well we all love Keane :fan:
Celtic_Anthony
I'm not abusing him, but he a)doesn't merit a place before Rasmussen (especially the way we were lined up when he came on) and b)has some obvious flaws in his game that he'll need to fix if he's to merit another contract. He is young, he can improve and he does show flashes of being a good player.

As you've said, we need to keep this up! Certainly all falling into place now, though.

Can't believe the night that we win and they don't I'm livid because an official has yet again shown his true colours. We won't hear a peep about it either.

No disputing that Rasmussen should have come on.

I think he's a good player who is obviously now playing under pressure which will make things worse.

Aye, the linesman is a cheating hun **** but **** them... we don't need to rely on the refs.
quite a match there eh
******* dunno what to say tbh!

******** comes to mind...

Still feel physically sick after that!
Didn't see the game*, a resumé and/or highlights would be nice chaps**! Don't know what to make of 4-4 tbh, but losing a 2 goal lead is always galling.

*Rugby match
**All media outlets are huns/biased/untrustworthy/not interested in Scottish football. Delete as appropriate.
Celtic_Anthony
Didn't see the game*, a resumé and/or highlights would be nice chaps**! Don't know what to make of 4-4 tbh, but losing a 2 goal lead is always galling.

*Rugby match
**All media outlets are huns/biased/untrustworthy/not interested in Scottish football. Delete as appropriate.

Even more so when you consider we also spunked away two 1 goal leads in the first half... :mad:

Urgh...
Reply 2133
Fantastic game today. However, McGeady should have been sent off and Aberdeen should have another pen.
Would have certainly taken a draw before the game, but now after sitting through it I feel that aberdeen should have got the win.:p:
Jface
Fantastic game today. However, McGeady should have been sent off and Aberdeen should have another pen.
Would have certainly taken a draw before the game, but now after sitting through it I feel that aberdeen should have got the win.

Do ye, aye.
They all come out the woodwork once they get a result eh? :P
Reply 2136
Rizzletastic
They all come out the woodwork once they get a result eh? :P

:biggrin:

Anyway, your attack was decent enough, especially the annoying little runt Mcgeady who always gets through our defence :p:
But your defence was pretty shocking today, especially that Barfheed, or whatever he's called, he was a bombscare.
Interesting substitution by Mowbray too, clearly thought the game was in the bag when he took Keane off.
Very entertaining game though, obviously disappointed to have been robbed of 2 points though (:wink: )
Haha don't mean to be annoying, but it's just refreshing to get a decent result after the string of crap ones we have been getting recently
Glad O'dea got sent off tbh, from the looks of the highlights he was one of the main defensive culprits.

This is really shocking though, for the goal that got the sheep 4-4 each, we had the first guy unmarked who received the ball, then it went to another guy on the pen spot who was unmarked (after a terrible clearance from Sami), which was then passed to another guy who was totally unmarked who hit a shot which was directed in by another guy who was completely unmarked.

If we can't get the ball away with the other team getting that many touches inside the box, of course they will score.

And wtf braafheid
Just watched the highlights, I thought we would have had to have defended badly to concede 4 to Aberdeen, but it was worse than I thought. For their second McGeady was sleeping and nobody helped him out so the Sheep got a cross in completely unopposed- it shouldn't be coming in at all. And then, when you do get the ball in the Celtic box, it's just a mad scramble. The penalty was a moment of madness, Anton Rogan-esque. The other claim for a penalty was a bit dubious, the guy hit the deck before Boruc came near him, looked to go down pretty easily.

Going forward we are, now, looking brilliant. Brown was the epitome of a box-to-box midfielder for our second, looking like the player we paid big money for and hopefully his form is permanent. Kamara is showing his quality, good instinct to follow up for the first and then a great first time ball onto Keane's head for the third. McGeady was just brilliant for the forth.

Ho Hum, looking like an excellent side in some areas and badly deficient in others. Get a defensive coach in pronto and get it sorted, we've got the players now.
3 points in the bag against Dundee Utd and looking forward to the old firm.

We MUST hump the huns and maybe, just maybe they will crumble as now they have a game in hand!

Hail Hail!

Quick Reply

Latest