The Student Room Group

Celtic F.C

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Just got a call from my mate, the Southampton game is sold out. Luckily we've got our tickets through a CSC. Who else brings six thousand fans to a pre-season friendly at Southampton eh?

Just need to sort out tix for the Fulham game the next day.
Reply 21
Yeah, its wild, not exactly an easy place to get too either from glasgow but a lot of tickets are probably english fans too, theres csc's all over the place, i think there are 3 in manchester alone.
Reply 22
Home against St Mirren is the first game of the season for us.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_prem/7456294.stm
Reply 23
Rangers game August 30th as well :biggrin: Blessing for me because I've a ticket sorted but if it had been any later I'd have had to try and get there from Galway. Will just get the flight up from Stansted to Prestwick, its about £50. Could get the auld megabus for £8.50 but it gets in at 8am so that's around 3 hours to kill.....

As I said, I've a ticket secure, but I was told that there 98% chance of getting a ticket for face value on London Rd about an hour before kick off. Apparently because the buses from Ireland leave at 4am a lot of people end up missing them so the supporter buses will have spares. Anyone care to shed any light on that? Considering lying to a friend and telling them I've got em a ticket so they'll come with me, then try to buy one up there >_>
Reply 24
I'm thinking about going to the opening match because a mate of mine cant make the old firm match.

Dunno about that though, buses would leave at 4am around Galway and the the rest of the west coast but in the north and east theyd get there loads faster, but a lot of people just fly out now. I'd not go up without a ticket because I can't be arsed!
Reply 25
I'm living in London for the summer, the bus leaves at 11pm on the Friday and gets in at 8am.
Reply 26
****ing hell! That would melt.
Reply 27
Class, Celtic might be having a friendly with Glentoran on the 23rd of July. I'll be there if so, may as well.
Reply 28
I heard we were playing Finn Harps.
Reply 29
Celtic have signed Derry City's Paddy McCourt.

http://celticfc.net/news/stories/news_190608165127.aspx

Any of you Irish guys seen this lad in action?
Reply 30
He's probably the best domestic Irish soccer talent going. Check Youtube there's some good videos of his goals.
Jim-ie
Class, Celtic might be having a friendly with Glentoran on the 23rd of July. I'll be there if so, may as well.

It's a Celtic XI (what we fielded vs Airdrie Utd last year), very few first-teamers, if any at all. Might not be worth the risk to yourself...
Reply 32
Aye I thought there would be probably no first team players because its so early in the pre-season but tbh I'd be more worried about risks if it was at Windsor park or something. Glentoran fans are alright, never really had any bother from them tho I'd not be wearing any colours, wouldn't fancy a walk through east Belfast with it on.

Will be going to the Oval a few times at the start of the season, mate of mine supports em (spot the taig ha ha ha) and wants someone to go with, just football to me I couldn't give a ****e about who supports them unless its Linfield.
Jim-ie
Aye I thought there would be probably no first team players because its so early in the pre-season but tbh I'd be more worried about risks if it was at Windsor park or something. Glentoran fans are alright, never really had any bother from them tho I'd not be wearing any colours, wouldn't fancy a walk through east Belfast with it on.

Will be going to the Oval a few times at the start of the season, mate of mine supports em (spot the taig ha ha ha) and wants someone to go with, just football to me I couldn't give a ****e about who supports them unless its Linfield.

You'll know better than me about how dangerous it is, I'd just thought that East Belfast in Marching Season would be a no-go area. Hopefully be good for the Celtic market in Ireland anyway, been a while since they've played is it not?
Reply 34
yeah so i reckon im in southampton and london this summer. i travelled to london for about 5 years now for celtics summer adventures with wither QPR or Fulham always a smashing day however the newly implemented no drinking on the tube laws will be interesting to see how closely their followed.
Reply 35
Celtic_Anthony
You'll know better than me about how dangerous it is, I'd just thought that East Belfast in Marching Season would be a no-go area. Hopefully be good for the Celtic market in Ireland anyway, been a while since they've played is it not?

Yeah it is but if you dont wear colours you can blend in.

Theyve not played in Belfast since 1986 or something so its been a while.
Reply 36
Celtic_Anthony
You'll know better than me about how dangerous it is, I'd just thought that East Belfast in Marching Season would be a no-go area.
Too ****ing right. My mum's always very careful about when she goes over to Ireland to see her relatives so she can avoid any trouble.
Reply 37
PaddyT
yeah so i reckon im in southampton and london this summer. i travelled to london for about 5 years now for celtics summer adventures with wither QPR or Fulham always a smashing day however the newly implemented no drinking on the tube laws will be interesting to see how closely their followed.

Are you staying the night in Southampton? Let me know and we can have a party on the train up to Fulham :biggrin:
Reply 38
Ooooooooooooooh yeah!

Glentoran - Celtic, July 23rd.
Celtic - Man City, August 5th.

Well happy. Will be going to that instead of the first league match.
Celtic now play Donegal Celtic as opposed to Glentoran on 23rd July. Probably a better choice, all things considered.

Linky

Quick Reply

Latest