The Student Room Group

Celtic F.C

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1920
I'm sure there would be a few cheap shots thrown his way. Heat of the moment and all.
Dunno if this has been mentioned on here but apparently we're interested in signing Loic Damour on loan till the end of the season with the option to make the move permanent...

The boy plays for Strasbourg... I'm not sure we need another midfielder though!
2-1 Loss...

Hardly ******* surprising when we have O'Dea (who couldn't get a game for Reading) Captain!!!

Mowbray doesn't have a ******* clue what he's doing tbh! When they appointed him, I made the point that he will be out of his depth on a Celtic forum and I was labelled all sorts.... well now most people are agreeing with what I said!

The board are a bunch of penny-pinching bastards...

Leagues gone yet again and to add insult to injury the huns haven't bought a player for 4 transfer windows now and yet they're on course to win the league two years in a row!!!

Shocking state of affairs.
Well. Only saw the last 10 minutes. But Ki :facepalm:
Reply 1924
:facepalm2:

I watched the Arsenal game though. How bad was it?

Team is lame. Board have pissed me off for ******* ages.
judicious
2-1 Loss...

Hardly ******* surprising when we have O'Dea (who couldn't get a game for Reading) Captain!!!

Load of pish, started the first 8 games, got injured and lost his place. You keep going on about the significance of the captaincy as well? It means sweet FA, it doesn't instantly make everyone play worse if your captain isn't the best player on the park. Did you see what he did to Stokes, how he stood up to him? He's the most vocal player on the park, ideal captain.

Mowbray doesn't have a ******* clue what he's doing tbh! When they appointed him, I made the point that he will be out of his depth on a Celtic forum and I was labelled all sorts.... well now most people are agreeing with what I said!

Aye, you've had a few good games on FM and now you know it all. He's cleared out all the dross and got money for them, identified the source of bother (defence and attack) and brought in replacements accordingly. It can't all come together instantly and, if you saw the game tonight, you can see it's coming together. Goals are lacking and the defence could do with some cohesion, but we're absolutely dominating teams.

The board are a bunch of penny-pinching bastards...

They're trying to run the club as a business, if we did as the other lot did we might not have a football club in 10 years. We don't have a divine right to spend lavish sums and win every competition we enter. We've got a net spend of a few million this transfer window and probably the same the last.

Leagues gone yet again and to add insult to injury the huns haven't bought a player for 4 transfer windows now and yet they're on course to win the league two years in a row!!!

League's nowhere near gone yet, although it will take some effort. Oh noes, they're possibly going to do 2 in a row! I was surrounded by huns when they won 9 and we were sinking without a trace, we've had it worse. The huns have a good side that have played together, so they've got a consistency, understanding and camaraderie we are yet to build. They also have some very tidy players.

Shocking state of affairs.

Away and don't talk pish, I'm surprised you could type with your knee jerking like that.
Once again we dominated this. And missed a load of chances. When we get some sort of consistency going, we'll be getting Barcelona type scores against teams.
Celtic_Anthony
Load of pish, started the first 8 games, got injured and lost his place. You keep going on about the significance of the captaincy as well? It means sweet FA, it doesn't instantly make everyone play worse if your captain isn't the best player on the park. Did you see what he did to Stokes, how he stood up to him? He's the most vocal player on the park, ideal captain.

The point I was making is that there must be something ******* wrong when a player who couldn't get a game in the Championship comes back and instantly picks up the captains armband... it affects morale whether you will admit that or not, it doesn't change the fact!

Plus O'Dea is *****... he's not our Irish Saviour like a lot of the "uber" fans think!

Celtic_Anthony
Aye, you've had a few good games on FM and now you know it all. He's cleared out all the dross and got money for them, identified the source of bother (defence and attack) and brought in replacements accordingly. It can't all come together instantly and, if you saw the game tonight, you can see it's coming together. Goals are lacking and the defence could do with some cohesion, but we're absolutely dominating teams.

Tony Mowbray managing Celtic after managing Hibs and West Brom.... No ******* where near experienced enough not to mention he managed to get West Brom relegated with his "nice to watch" football!!!

The guy is out of his depth... he's been clearing the dross, agreed but has he replaced them with much better?

Is Fox better than Naylor? Is Fortune better than Samaras (since they play the same way, mostly out of the box)? Will Hooiveld be better than Caldwell who was the best CB at the club regardless if he was *****? (I won't be holding my breath)

The board wanted a manager who wouldn't demand transfer money and who would be content with basement signings and they found the man in Mowbray!

Celtic_Anthony
They're trying to run the club as a business, if we did as the other lot did we might not have a football club in 10 years. We don't have a divine right to spend lavish sums and win every competition we enter. We've got a net spend of a few million this transfer window and probably the same the last.

Aye running the club as a business is all fine and well but what the **** does getting a hard on over balance sheets mean when you aren't getting any silverware?

Celtic_Anthony
League's nowhere near gone yet, although it will take some effort. Oh noes, they're possibly going to do 2 in a row! I was surrounded by huns when they won 9 and we were sinking without a trace, we've had it worse. The huns have a good side that have played together, so they've got a consistency, understanding and camaraderie we are yet to build. They also have some very tidy players.

The huns are close to folding mate...

Their best striker could be off soon....

Our players should be ashamed of themselves the way they're playing, opportunites don't get you wins...

Hibs had one shot on target in the second half and one goal... that is accuracy for you...

I couldn't give two ***** if we play nice football, I want a win!

Celtic_Anthony
Away and don't talk pish, I'm surprised you could type with your knee jerking like that.

Knee jerk reaction?

We've been served dross week in week out for 2 seasons now and tbh it's getting ridiculous!

You need to wake up and smell the coffee mate!
judicious
The point I was making is that there must be something ******* wrong when a player who couldn't get a game in the Championship comes back and instantly picks up the captains armband... it affects morale whether you will admit that or not, it doesn't change the fact!

The point I made is that he could and did get a game in the Championship, consistently, until he picked up an injury. When he recovered from injury, Reading had settled their defence. It happens.

Plus O'Dea is *****... he's not our Irish Saviour like a lot of the "uber" fans think!

Don't know what his nationality has to do with anything, and surely McGeady fills that category quite well? He's a competent CB keeping the place warm until the two new guys get to fitness. It's "ueber" btw, probably the most commonly misspelt word on timternet. And it's a meaningless phrase.

Tony Mowbray managing Celtic after managing Hibs and West Brom.... No ******* where near experienced enough not to mention he managed to get West Brom relegated with his "nice to watch" football!!!

Who else are we going to get? Coyle? Martinez? The Celtic job ain't that attractive, managers that like high pressure jobs at top clubs can find a much better offer elsewhere. He got West Brom relegated. McLeish got Hibs relegated and look what he did? So far Mowbray has improved things, results aren't going to come instantaneously with the amount of changes going on.

The guy is out of his depth... he's been clearing the dross, agreed but has he replaced them with much better?

Time will tell. Players need time to settle in, especially coming from other leagues. Larsson got maybe 13 goals in his first season? Hardly set the heather alight did he?

Is Fox better than Naylor? Is Fortune better than Samaras (since they play the same way, mostly out of the box)? Will Hooiveld be better than Caldwell who was the best CB at the club regardless if he was *****? (I won't be holding my breath)

Fox was named in the Championship team of the year last season and has had some good games. We'll be selling him at a profit if he goes, so he must be doing something right. Likewise, Hooiveld was Swedish player of the year last year. I'm going to be open minded about him, and Rogne. And Rasmussen. And Ki. And Zheng Zhi etc etc

The board wanted a manager who wouldn't demand transfer money and who would be content with basement signings and they found the man in Mowbray!

No, the board wanted Coyle and told him what was on offer. We're not loaded and we're not in a position to be splashing out cash left right and centre. As I said, they've funded Mowbray to the tune of a few mil so far.

Aye running the club as a business is all fine and well but what the **** does getting a hard on over balance sheets mean when you aren't getting any silverware?

It's not about getting a hard on over balance sheets, its recognising that Celtic's history didn't start in 2001. It's recognising that frivolous spending nearly saw Celtic fold in the 90s. I'd much rather we ran the club on a sensible business model than spent money we didn't have to prevent the huns winning, shock horror, 2 :eek4: league titles in a row.

The huns are close to folding mate...

Their best striker could be off soon....

Our players should be ashamed of themselves the way they're playing, opportunites don't get you wins...

Hibs had one shot on target in the second half and one goal... that is accuracy for you...

I couldn't give two ***** if we play nice football, I want a win!

I want a win as much as you, but I'm not about to write the manager, team and board off because results aren't going our way. The huns finances are, thus far, irrelevant- it hasn't affected them on the park. We're playing well and dominating teams. 13 corners in the match, countless chances (including Samaras heading over from 6 yards and McGinn volleying at the keeper from 7). It's coming together.

Knee jerk reaction?

We've been served dross week in week out for 2 seasons now and tbh it's getting ridiculous!

You need to wake up and smell the coffee mate!

Served dross week in week out for 2 seasons? Does that include the win at the weekend? or the away draw with Hamburg? or home draw with Man United? or the home win against Villareal? Strachan played poor football, yes, but we still could've won the league last year and we've still had our moments.

I'm well aware of what's going on, but you, like many in our support, are acting the spoilt brat because we're not getting it all our own way.
Celtic_Anthony
The point I made is that he could and did get a game in the Championship, consistently, until he picked up an injury. When he recovered from injury, Reading had settled their defence. It happens.

Point taken but let me ask you a simple question...

Is he of sufficient quality to warrant a starting place for Celtic IF we had no injuries with the current defenders we have?

Celtic_Anthony
Don't know what his nationality has to do with anything, and surely McGeady fills that category quite well? He's a competent CB keeping the place warm until the two new guys get to fitness. It's "ueber" btw, probably the most commonly misspelt word on timternet. And it's a meaningless phrase.

I was being sarcastic in regards to the nationality mate!

Two new guys? Do you think Rogne is going to be in the first team from the off?

Aye "ueber" or "uber" ... either way, I think this is the third time I've ever used the word/phrase...

Celtic_Anthony
Time will tell. Players need time to settle in, especially coming from other leagues. Larsson got maybe 13 goals in his first season? Hardly set the heather alight did he?

Aye they do need to settle but I just seriously doubt that all of them will be of the quality you and I yearn for!!!!

I hope I'm wrong and I get laughed at next season when we're playing amazingly but I can't help but be pessimistic...

One player who I would love to have next season is N'Guemo... he really has impressed me so far!

Celtic_Anthony
Fox was named in the Championship team of the year last season and has had some good games. We'll be selling him at a profit if he goes, so he must be doing something right. Likewise, Hooiveld was Swedish player of the year last year. I'm going to be open minded about him, and Rogne. And Rasmussen. And Ki. And Zheng Zhi etc etc

Well tbh English clubs always pay over the odds so I dunno if it has anything to do with him doing anything right!!!

I mean for one thing, I've yet to see a decent freekick taken with his fabled left peg... :rolleyes:

I hope Hooiveld and Rasmussen make the mark but I don't anybody can criticise any Celtic fan who feels pessimistic especially with recent signings such as Loovens!

Celtic_Anthony
No, the board wanted Coyle and told him what was on offer. We're not loaded and we're not in a position to be splashing out cash left right and centre. As I said, they've funded Mowbray to the tune of a few mil so far.

Aye we're not loaded, but surely to **** we can spend more and/or more wisely than we have been!!! spread the net further!

Improve our scouting etc

Celtic_Anthony
It's not about getting a hard on over balance sheets, its recognising that Celtic's history didn't start in 2001. It's recognising that frivolous spending nearly saw Celtic fold in the 90s. I'd much rather we ran the club on a sensible business model than spent money we didn't have to prevent the huns winning, shock horror, 2 :eek4: league titles in a row.

I just think the board are overly obsessed with the numbers! Why don't they decrease Lawwell's bonus?

Celtic_Anthony
I want a win as much as you, but I'm not about to write the manager, team and board off because results aren't going our way. The huns finances are, thus far, irrelevant- it hasn't affected them on the park. We're playing well and dominating teams. 13 corners in the match, countless chances (including Samaras heading over from 6 yards and McGinn volleying at the keeper from 7). It's coming together.

Aye West Brom played well too under BTM... didn't do them much good in the end did it?!

I'd rather we played boring football but got goals and won....

The 4-1 win against the saints may have papered over the cracks but today was yet another wake-up call!

Celtic_Anthony
Served dross week in week out for 2 seasons? Does that include the win at the weekend? or the away draw with Hamburg? or home draw with Man United? or the home win against Villareal? Strachan played poor football, yes, but we still could've won the league last year and we've still had our moments.

A win against St. Johnstone... are you hailing that as a significant win? seriously?

Away draw with Hamburg? yet we exited the Euro Cup at the first hurdle???

TBH as much as I disliked WGS, the team played much better on European nights than the team played this season under BTM in Europe!

We've been going downhill for a few seasons now and it's set to continue I believe!

Celtic_Anthony
I'm well aware of what's going on, but you, like many in our support, are acting the spoilt brat because we're not getting it all our own way.

Nah mate, I'm not acting like a spoilt brat... I'm merely asking for a team who understand what it means to play for Celtic!
Reply 1930
Made my night that did. I noticed it was Galbraith that scored is he any good?
Gardocki
Stokes was causing the most problems last night, but Hibs weren't really getting a look in at all. The live feeds all cut out at 75 mins or so, so I can't comment on the goal...
Gardocki

Never really noticed him until the goal tbh but that's because Hibs were playing with their backs to the wall...

The goal was a typical counter attack, Liam Miller held up the ball well then he passed it to Stokes (I think, could be wrong) and Stokes played it to Galbraith who was onside and it was a good finish!
Anyone on the GB forums want to ask an admin to activate my account please? Didn't get the e-mail.
Celtic_Anthony
Stokes was causing the most problems last night, but Hibs weren't really getting a look in at all. The live feeds all cut out at 75 mins or so, so I can't comment on the goal...

Ki went down outside their box looking for a freekick, they lugged it up and held it up there until Galbraith wacked it in. Half the defence seemed looking for offside. Pretty inattentive considering we were into injury-time.

Sigh.
Celtic_Anthony
Anyone on the GB forums want to ask an admin to activate my account please? Didn't get the e-mail.

Whats the username mate?
ParadigmShift
Ki went down outside their box looking for a freekick, they lugged it up and held it up there until Galbraith wacked it in. Half the defence seemed looking for offside. Pretty inattentive considering we were into injury-time.

Sigh.

Gutting, as someone said elsewhere, it was like on FM where the computer decides you're not winning no matter what you do.
judicious
Whats the username mate?

Yossarian :biggrin:

someone had nicked Anthony1888 and that's what I usually use, fancied a change.
Celtic_Anthony
Yossarian :biggrin:

someone had nicked Anthony1888 and that's what I usually use, fancied a change.

Done mate, just PM'd the admin.
judicious
Done mate, just PM'd the admin.

Cheers mate :top:

This Trusts essay I've got up isn't going to move very fast I don't think.

Quick Reply

Latest