The Student Room Group

21 and no A-Levels - could I study medicine?

Hi.

I’m 21 years old and really want to study medicine. I started my A-Levels at 16 but stopped attending college a few months in due to my unrelated mental health deteriorating. I have been housebound due to it for the past 5 years and in and out of different treatments, but I am finally starting to get in a place where recovery looks possible.

I’m worried that my history with mental illness might make it so I can’t get on a course, even if I haven’t had anything specifically stigmatized. I’m also unsure how to go about this without my A-Levels, and if it’s even possible to get them now that I’m 21 - and would be older by the time I am able to study outside of home. I got mostly Bs and some As and Cs in my GCSEs due to my terrible mental health at the time, which I know might be the main thing that has ruined this for me.

Does anyone know if this path is at all possible for me, and if so, how I would go about it?

(Edit: And I am very sorry if this is the wrong place to post this - I’m new to TSR!)
(edited 4 years ago)
I’m not sure if you can study medicine without a levels or equivalent so I think you’d have to apply to do your A-levels probably in related courses such as biology and then apply for medicine in university 2 years after completing your a levels, however if you look on the entry requirements on a few university websites I’m sure you’ll get more info there :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending